• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Refund in case of payment made through one-time use virtual debit card

lostwords

TF Select
RML Group
I recently made a transaction using Indusind "Indie" one-time use Virtual Debit Card. Everything was smooth.
But now I have cancelled my order and applied for a refund on the merchant's website. Will I be able to get the refund credited to my bank account?

Any insight on this will be very helpful.

Tejo

TF Legend
I recently made a transaction using Indusind "Indie" one-time use Virtual Debit Card. Everything was smooth.
But now I have cancelled my order and applied for a refund on the merchant's website. Will I be able to get the refund credited to my bank account?

Any insight on this will be very helpful.
If the payment failed at payment gateway, the amount will be refunded within 7 days.

If payment failed due to technical issues at merchant, the payment will be refunded to you in 16 business days.

If still you didn't get the money file a charge back and confirm Via mail from the merchant that the payment is failed or not.

lostwords

TF Select
RML Group
Thank you for your reply. But as I said, when I placed the order on the merchant's website the payment was successful and everything was good. And the product was delivered.
Now I have applied for a return and the merchant has agreed to a refund. Will the amount get credited back to my account without any issues?
Because I paid using a one-time use virtual debit card (which has been disposed of already, but the details are showing on the Indie app).

Tejo

TF Legend
Thank you for your reply. But as I said, when I placed the order on the merchant's website the payment was successful and everything was good. And the product was delivered.
Now I have applied for a return and the merchant has agreed to a refund. Will the amount get credited back to my account without any issues?
Because I paid using a one-time use virtual debit card (which has been disposed of already, but the details are showing on the Indie app).
Not an issue, the one time disposal cards will be linked for certain period from the last usage.

What was gap between order and return ?

If txn not settled between pg and merchant, then refund will be processed in 7 days.

If merchant refunds after settlement it takes much time like 3-14 business days.

Sorry, seeing title I replied previous msg.

Money doesn't deduct from any cards or refund to any cards. Cards are medium only

Amount will be credited to the account from which it was debited

Tejo

TF Legend
Money doesn't deduct from any cards or refund to any cards. Cards are medium only

Amount will be credited to the account from which it was debited
Effect of upi ...... 😂

Actually money .. debit or credits through card only.

Actually the card network will store details of the transactions and further the transaction id will have data of source of funds like bank name, bank ac no. and ifsc code ... etc.

The refunds are issued to transaction id of that card issuer network like visa, mc, amex .... further card issuer credits amount to source of the ac.

The same logic is used in upi network.

here upi id is used instead of card number.

@bankhandles like @paytm @pz @upi are responsible to store data.