• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Refund for RuPay CC

ssnthegenius

TF Premier
I shopped on Amazon on 3rd June and paid for the order using PhonePe BOB cc upi. I cancelled the order the same day. But haven't received the refund yet. Is there any different procedure to be followed if receiving refund on RuPay UPI? I contacted amazon for the same they're saying that at their end transaction is successful. They told me to contact BOB customer care. And u know how BOB customer care is. So I am here to asking for ur help guys.

@TechnoFino
@Abhishek012
@Wealth is my birth right!

EDIT :- GOT REFUND LAST NIGHT WITHOUT RAISING DISPUTE. THANKS ALL FOR ALL YOUR HELP

Last edited:

_na_cheese

TF Premier
On the same boat. Payzapp upi transaction got failed for me and still no refund. I filed a chargeback. Let's see what happens.

Also theres another thread by a bob card user who hasnt got a refund for failed upi txn at the beginning of the month.

ssnthegenius

TF Premier
On the same boat. Payzapp upi transaction got failed for me and still no refund. I filed a chargeback. Let's see what happens.

Also theres another thread by a bob card user who hasnt got a refund for failed upi txn at the beginning of the month
BOB's transaction dispute raising process is pain in the 🍑. U have to take out the physical copy fill it and send it to the BOB.

VISHESH_BANSAL

TF Pioneer
I shopped on Amazon on 3rd June and paid for the order using PhonePe BOB cc upi. I cancelled the order the same day. But haven't received the refund yet. Is there any different procedure to be followed if receiving refund on RuPay UPI? I contacted amazon for the same they're saying that at their end transaction is successful. They told me to contact BOB customer care. And u know how BOB customer care is. So I am here to asking for ur help guys.

@TechnoFino
@abhishek02
@wealthismybirthright
Why you used CC UPI on Amazon when Amazon Accepts Credit Cards directly?

When Merchant is Accepting CC directly, so use your Card directly

gautamcool

TF Premier

@TechnoFino
@abhishek02
@wealthismybirthright
I also had this issue. I paid to paytm movies via CC UPI. Note that amount is sent from your normal UPI ID. But the transaction failed for some reason. And paytm instantly tried to refund the amount to my credit card via UPI ID. They tried 4 times and it failed.
This is because credit card cannot recieve money via UPI ID. You can only send
So I raised a ticket with paytm and 2 days later they refunded the amount with a different mode of payment
So you might need to contact Amazon on this

Rkr

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor

@TechnoFino
@abhishek02
@wealthismybirthright
Hold on you will get the refund..PSU Works on different way...
And you have used phonepay for availing the Rupay UPI payment,so atleast dispute the transaction with phonepe also..

1.First write to Amazon and ask them to share refund sequence number and date..
2.Raise issue with phone pe with Ref.sequence number and date and ask them why refund has not yet processed to originating account..
3.After Phonepe clarification then Approach BOB with same detils if at all you have not got the refund with first two options..Dont drag Bob directly in this case..Drag them with solid evidences only..

Last edited:

beingmohit

TF Premier
Why don't you save cards after the new circular of rbi cards are tokenized and safe.
Also if any fraud happens and you report it with 48 hours you are protected by liability protection
A couple of problems with that. After card tokenization, transactions get successful even when you enter an incorrect CVV. So, if someone can access your Amazon/Flipkart account and get hold of OTP, you are screwed.
Liability protection is just a scam, just like most other things in India. Banks will only consider it a fraud if the transaction was successful without OTP verification, which is impossible.

• Hehe
Reactions: Rkr

sxchzy

TF Pioneer
VIP Lounge
A couple of problems with that. After card tokenization, transactions get successful even when you enter an incorrect CVV. So, if someone can access your Amazon/Flipkart account and get hold of OTP, you are screwed.
Liability protection is just a scam, just like most other things in India. Banks will only consider it a fraud if the transaction was successful without OTP verification, which is impossible.
Wrong
I have had transactions failed when I have entered wrong cvv even after tokenization.
Secondly otp won't go to another number if the number in the profile is correct.
Third I have had foreign transactions done fraudulently on online foreign transactions.
Instantly calling the bank,they assured me and blocked the card and I wasn't made bear the liability.
BTW the transaction was around 6 figures and the bank was scb

WhoU

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

Also theres another thread by a bob card user who hasnt got a refund for failed upi txn at the beginning of the month.

Did the reversal happen automatically?

Strange

TF Legend

@TechnoFino
@abhishek02
@wealthismybirthright
@Abhishek012 isn't tagged.

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
Many merchants still use old UPI refund system. They directly send refund amount to your UPI ID.

Now the problem is that RuPay CC link UPI is not supported receive payment to your UPI ID. Wait 7-10 days, if you still not receive your refund then contact your bank or go to UPI Help section and dispute/chargeback for your transaction, UPI already release a circular for Implementation of advanced refund API as part of UPI Help (UDIR) - https://www.npci.org.in/PDF/npci/up...ced-refund-API-as-part-of-UPI-Help-(UDIR).pdf

I have said many times that it is going to take 2 years for the 'Credit UPI' network to be fully live. However, it is possible that the refund issue will be resolved within the next 6 to 8 months.

blacktiger

TF Premier
i had the same issue with bob upi, 3 of my tx failed in 3 different sites. they reverted the first one after raising complaint over email. now for tx 2 and 3 they are asking to fill a dispute form and asking proofs from merchant that they have refunded the amount. owning bob card is more extra pain nowadays

beingmohit

TF Premier
Wrong
I have had transactions failed when I have entered wrong cvv even after tokenization.
Secondly otp won't go to another number if the number in the profile is correct.
Third I have had foreign transactions done fraudulently on online foreign transactions.
Instantly calling the bank,they assured me and blocked the card and I wasn't made bear the liability.
BTW the transaction was around 6 figures and the bank was scb
Firstly, I have Axis Bank customer care confirmation on record that banks no longer check CVV once the card is tokenized. Give it a try. You will be surprised by your findings. I also have screen captures of successful transactions with incorrect CVV.
Secondly, OTP can go to your email ID, which can be hacked! Having the correct phone number in the profile may not always be sufficient.
Thirdly, foreign transactions do not require OTP verification. Also, the payment takes quite a few hours to settle. This is the reason banks are comfortable reversing them. Even a 3 figure-domestic transaction won't get reversed as it is authenticated by OTP.
Fourthly, researching the topic rather than arguing would be infinitely more helpful to you!

sxchzy

TF Pioneer
VIP Lounge
Firstly, I have Axis Bank customer care confirmation on record that banks no longer check CVV once the card is tokenized. Give it a try. You will be surprised by your findings. I also have screen captures of successful transactions with incorrect CVV.
Secondly, OTP can go to your email ID, which can be hacked! Having the correct phone number in the profile may not always be sufficient.
Thirdly, foreign transactions do not require OTP verification. Also, the payment takes quite a few hours to settle. This is the reason banks are comfortable reversing them. Even a 3 figure-domestic transaction won't get reversed as it is authenticated by OTP.
Fourthly, researching the topic rather than arguing would be infinitely more helpful to you!
1.i have had transactions fail even after tokenizing them due to wrong cvv on bigbasket.
2.You are right that would require to keep your password safe for gmail and the account where you are using the card.
3.You are correct I haven't had any experience with domestic transaction for liability protection so No idea about it.

_na_cheese

TF Premier
Just received this for my failed payzapp transaction with bob cc upi dispute.

However no credit has been released and no refund has been given to me.

Can anyone explain what exactly does this mean?
SmartSelect_20230622_160114_Gmail.jpg