• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ccTimeBaby

TF Buzz
Has anyone tried redeeming Accor Points through shopping for electronics and other articles? They have some good deals on iPhones and speakers - but I am not sure if customs or import duty will be levied. Below, I am trying to buy Marshall Emberton and the selling merchant is based out of Netherlands.
If the customs duty is levied, what percentage is it for electronics?
1708989213308.png

QUIKSILVER27

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
In addition to the 18% GST rate, iPhones imported into India are subject to a 20% basic customs duty (BCD) and a 10% social welfare surcharge. The customs duty is based on the assessed value of the phone, including shipping and insurance charges. For example, the iPhone 15 Pro, which retails for $999 in the US, will retail for Rs 1,34,900 in India, including taxes. This would mean that the phone will be subject to 22% duties and 18% GST

ccTimeBaby

TF Buzz
How much ?

Suppose, I am buying iPhone 14 for 88k points, so when and how much will have to pay as customs/import duty ?

Pls answer someone @S S V
In my opinion, it's not worth it to import iPhone using Accor Points. You would still be paying 35-40% of the article value. Plus, shipping takes a tonne of time - To check it, I had placed an order for pendrive with the same merchant from Accor on 27th Feb and it is stuck at Frankfurt's port since 5th March as per DHL.

Sunil R

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Has anyone tried redeeming Accor Points through shopping for electronics and other articles? They have some good deals on iPhones and speakers - but I am not sure if customs or import duty will be levied. Below, I am trying to buy Marshall Emberton and the selling merchant is based out of Netherlands.
If the customs duty is levied, what percentage is it for electronics?
1708989213308.png
Last year, I purchased the Samsung Galaxy S23 for 132,596 Accor points (currently it's 159,050 for the same phone). The merchant is from the Netherlands. Instead of shipping it to India, I decided to have it delivered to a Canadian address (my cousin brought it to India). I paid approximately $200 CAD (12,000 Indian rupees) for customs clearance. I am sure it would have been 3-4 times the price in India.

1713175827878.png