• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Recent application experience for Onecard?

ltf4ever

TF Ace
Hi friends,

Can you share if any of you had applied for OneCard recently and if the process was smooth? many user reviews on play store mention that the process reaches a dead end after collecting personal information.
also,
1) what is the speciality of a 'metal' card?
2) what are the criteria for getting it as an unsecured card?
3) if the criteria for the above are not clear, do we get to know if the card is unsecured or fd is required, before we submit the application? i don't want to go ahead with the application if they want me to open an fd.
4) is it truly a credit card, or one of the bnpl cards?

akshayhs

TF Ace
My application is not recent, but I applied this year and got it approved within 10-15m. They gave me the credit limit based on my then Slice card which had a limit of 50k.

I didn't submit any documents, neither anybody from the bank or FPL (Card issuer) called me to ask anything. I got a notification that I was eligible for their card when I cheked my credit score on their OneScore app. 5m post vKYC, I got the card. I have seen many people with better cards, better limits get rejected and people with no history getting in with decent limits. So that part is valid.

1. Nothing. It just gives a feel good factor for cheap.
2. Nobody knows. They don't disclose anywhere and it's totally random.
3. You do get to know if you'll get an unsecured card if they ask for your employment details along with bank statements. Pre-approved offers are mostly for unsecured cards based on your CIBIL score assessment.
4. It is a proper credit card tied to one of their partner banks. Mine was issued on behalf of Federal bank.

ltf4ever

TF Ace
My application is not recent, but I applied this year and got it approved within 10-15m. They gave me the credit limit based on my then Slice card which had a limit of 50k.

I didn't submit any documents, neither anybody from the bank or FPL (Card issuer) called me to ask anything. I got a notification that I was eligible for their card when I cheked my credit score on their OneScore app. 5m post vKYC, I got the card. I have seen many people with better cards, better limits get rejected and people with no history getting in with decent limits. So that part is valid.

1. Nothing. It just gives a feel good factor for cheap.
2. Nobody knows. They don't disclose anywhere and it's totally random.
3. You do get to know if you'll get an unsecured card if they ask for your employment details along with bank statements. Pre-approved offers are mostly for unsecured cards based on your CIBIL score assessment.
4. It is a proper credit card tied to one of their partner banks. Mine was issued on behalf of Federal bank.
how is their customer support? any problems that you faced regarding transactions, bill repayment, etc? would you recommend getting this card, given that it is LTF?
i am seeing a lot many onecard offers on zomato, restaurants, etc.

Bigde

TF Ace
TF Family
I have been using One Card Metal (issued by Federal Bank) since last one year and my experience with them is good so far.

Here are my inline answers to your questions.

Form factor, it's slightly heavy than a plastic card, also not a lot of POS operators know about metal cards, when you handover a metal card to them for swipe they give a second look to the card and then the card holder. So metal card certainly separates you from rest of the mob with plastic cards.

In my case, except the PAN number and an Aadhar based verification, I didn't provide any other documents to them. I faced some glitches during onboarding as the Aadhar portal was not able to trigger the VKYC OTP. It was an issue with the Aadhar portal and not the One card app. The app itself is quite intuitive.

3) if the criteria for the above are not clear, do we get to know if the card is unsecured or fd is required, before we submit the application? i don't want to go ahead with the application if they want me to open an fd.
They will let you know during the card onboarding process itself. If an FD is required and if you want to opt out you can always do that.

A lot of folks on the internet are confused about One card, they think it is BNPL. However, One card is a true blue credit card, it is in partnership with one of their banking partners (BOB, Federal or SBM).

akshayhs

TF Ace
how is their customer support? any problems that you faced regarding transactions, bill repayment, etc? would you recommend getting this card, given that it is LTF?
i am seeing a lot many onecard offers on zomato, restaurants, etc.
I wouldn't praise them too much. Certainly they're not on a level compared to those provided by other private sector bank cards. I wouldn't also claim they're too shit. They'll take your ticket, and act upon it based on their level of capacity in the hierarchy. If you want them to fix some things that are a bit complex, most of the time they don't respond appropriately. They'll keep assuring you things will be fine when you know for sure it's not. Pls don't use OneCard on platforms that are not really well known or its your first time interacting with them. Most of the time you'll end up hurting yourself.

I didn't have any issues with any transactions frequently though. Last week, for 2-3 days all of my transactions (even ones with a few hundres rupees involved) were getting declined left and right. I didn't bother contacting them because as I said, they're not really working at their capacity all the time. This is purely based on my observation only. What I did was I just used other cards that I had and went on with my ways. Recently, I had to use my OneCard and the transactions went through just fine.

I would certainly recommend this card if you get it unsecured. The offers are nothing extraordinary and it's mostly the same that you get through other VISA cards as well. Sometimes, to make themselves known during promotions, there are some unique offers that are worth considering. Apart from that nothing special because the reward rate sucks.

I'd say this'd be your ideal first credit card if you didn't have one before. Once you get other credit cards, time to move on to them because of the reward rates. Anyway, for other dining and common offers, you will have just one more card to spend on the same merchants again if it's not part of your other cards as well.

ltf4ever

TF Ace
I wouldn't praise them too much. Certainly they're not on a level compared to those provided by other private sector bank cards. I wouldn't also claim they're too shit. They'll take your ticket, and act upon it based on their level of capacity in the hierarchy. If you want them to fix some things that are a bit complex, most of the time they don't respond appropriately. They'll keep assuring you things will be fine when you know for sure it's not. Pls don't use OneCard on platforms that are not really well known or its your first time interacting with them. Most of the time you'll end up hurting yourself.

I didn't have any issues with any transactions frequently though. Last week, for 2-3 days all of my transactions (even ones with a few hundres rupees involved) were getting declined left and right. I didn't bother contacting them because as I said, they're not really working at their capacity all the time. This is purely based on my observation only. What I did was I just used other cards that I had and went on with my ways. Recently, I had to use my OneCard and the transactions went through just fine.

I would certainly recommend this card if you get it unsecured. The offers are nothing extraordinary and it's mostly the same that you get through other VISA cards as well. Sometimes, to make themselves known during promotions, there are some unique offers that are worth considering. Apart from that nothing special because the reward rate sucks.

I'd say this'd be your ideal first credit card if you didn't have one before. Once you get other credit cards, time to move on to them because of the reward rates. Anyway, for other dining and common offers, you will have just one more card to spend on the same merchants again if it's not part of your other cards as well.
thanks, i have just now experienced the downside of this app. tried to apply and the app says that i dont have any credit history and hence, no credit score. same with onescore app. other score checking apps are working fine for me. they don't even acknowledge that maybe their own servers are faulty. bad experience, fortunately i got to experience this before i got the card delivered, rather than suffering later!

mvsaikrishna666

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Hi friends,

Can you share if any of you had applied for OneCard recently and if the process was smooth? many user reviews on play store mention that the process reaches a dead end after collecting personal information.
also,
I've applied through a link that I found on Twitter(probably referral link). Even I was expecting it to be unsecured and don't want to get it through FD. Luckily card got approved in 5min with 70K limit and whole application process took around 20min. Also it's a Metal Card that I received.

1) Nothing special about the card, except it's the only metal card I have.
2) Nobody exactly knows about the criteria. It might depend on issuer(Federal Bank, IDFC,....)
3) As far as I know, the app will show you if it's secured or unsecured in earlier steps itself. So credit enquiry might not happen if it's secured one.
4) It's a true credit card. (and that too Visa Signature card, but all signature benefits aren't available:cry:)

Just want to mention one thing:
I got this card in May-2022. But till now nothing related to this card is reported to cibil. No enquiry, No monthly report. Not sure why this is happening. So don't consider this card for building your cibil score.

ltf4ever

TF Ace
I've applied through a link that I found on Twitter(probably referral link). Even I was expecting it to be unsecured and don't want to get it through FD. Luckily card got approved in 5min with 70K limit and whole application process took around 20min. Also it's a Metal Card that I received.

1) Nothing special about the card, except it's the only metal card I have.
2) Nobody exactly knows about the criteria. It might depend on issuer(Federal Bank, IDFC,....)
3) As far as I know, the app will show you if it's secured or unsecured in earlier steps itself. So credit enquiry might not happen if it's secured one.
4) It's a true credit card. (and that too Visa Signature card, but all signature benefits aren't available:cry:)

Just want to mention one thing:
I got this card in May-2022. But till now nothing related to this card is reported to cibil. No enquiry, No monthly report. Not sure why this is happening. So don't consider this card for building your cibil score.
building cibil score aside, it is not even fetching my existing score hence not allowing me to apply! appears like it would have been a good card if their tech and customer service was reliable.

SunnyM

TF Premier
Everyone has given you the right picture but for me the biggest factor was that one card gave me 105000 Rs of limit and to many this could be peanuts but for me and my credit utilization this was a huge boost as most of my cards have lower credit limit . Plus it looks super premium even though it's not. Also it's life time free.

ARV

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
My experience has been good so far, i got the card in June, banking partner south Indian bank. I gotten a good limit as well 2L and my CIBIL was just 727. The app is a little buggy on iOS apart from that no issues in payments, always worked for me. They reported to CIBIL this month. Of lately i have been seeing good offers e.g. 10% off on big basket, offers on flipkart etc.