• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Real world experience of using Indian credit cards abroad

0b110

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I am planning a trip abroad and don't want a hassle of a forex card. Assuming I will spend close to 200k inr, and I have an Axis magnus cc (2% forex markup fee) should I just swipe my Magnus, choose the txn currency as local currency and go about the shopping?
How do banks (axis or others) calculate the bill for forex txns? Assuming Exchange rates as 60 inr per aud, my 10 aud txn would be approx how much inr in the cc bill??

hariselio

TF Premier
Any GST amount added onto the statement? Is it worth the exchange rate + markup + GST? Bookmy forex card, is flat rate as of today (on google) with no extra charges
In that post itself i mentioned about GST amount.

Is it worth? It all depends on individual needs. If one has more expenses, then probably go for forex card. In my case, as i mentioned in the follow-up post, all my expenses were taken care by my Australian host and my personal expense is very less, probably around 500 AUD overall. So for me, going for separate forex card was no use.