• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

RBI imposes monetary penalty on Axis Bank

Walter White

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Axis bank has been penalized due to the failure of Axis Bank to maintain certain records of its recovery procedure; again, this action does not nullify the validity of any transaction.

"Scrutiny Report and all related correspondence in that regard, revealed, inter alia, that the bank (i) failed to preserve records pertaining to the identification of customers and their address in certain cases, (ii) made persistent calls to some of the customers, (iii) failed to ensure appropriate behaviour of recovery agents with some of the delinquent borrowers and (iv) failed to ensure a tape recording of the content/text of the calls made by the recovery agents to some of the customers and (v) did not obtain declarations from the customer at the time of opening of current accounts."

They deserve it

https://twitter.com/RBI/status/1725122104528712074?t=kdXsSkYwkpL7IZ30cgONcA&s=09

Last edited:

redcarpet

TF Premier
"that the bank (i) failed to preserve records pertaining to the identification of customers and their address in certain cases, (ii) made persistent calls to some of the customers, (iii) failed to ensure appropriate behaviour of recovery agents with some of the delinquent borrowers and (iv) failed to ensure a tape recording of the content/text of the calls made by the recovery agents to some of the customers and (v) did not obtain declarations from the customer at the time of opening of current accounts"

They lost/didn't record some KYC details of customers, didnt take declarations while account opening, and shady and unethical practices by recovery agents.
They should be penalized even more.

RevEng

TF Premier
They lost/didn't record some KYC details of customers, didnt take declarations while account opening, and shady and unethical practices by recovery agents.
They should be penalized even more.
This Statutory Inspection was for the FY that ended in March 2022.

Axis Bank continues to loose customer applications even in 2023. They were not able to find my credit card application during an address dispute.

Hope they get fined in the FY 2023 and FY 2024 audit as well.