• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Query regarding Lounge visits via Priority Pass in GVK / Adani Mumbai

NOOBY

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I have some questions regarding the priority pass program which is offered with various credit cards.

1. If the lounge is not in the list of Priority Pass program, will they deny entry or will they just swipe it ?
2. If being charged via Priority Pass entry, will Priority Pass team deduct amount from linked CC or will ask to pay at the reception desk then and there ?

Asking this because my senior friend has Infinia Metal which allows domestic lounge access via Priority Pass. He went to Mumbai T2 terminal and without checking entered Adani Lounge which is not in the list of Priority Pass lounges. He asked if he will be charged if Priority Pass is swiped but the reception guy told that he can't see whether the visit is chargeable or not and so, he just entered.

Now he is skeptical whether he will be charged for the visit or not (which is quite funny as I had told him to check the list of lounges before going). He could have visited Travel Club lounge which was in the list but went ahead with GVK/Adani Lounge as it was closest to the gate :\

He said he didn't swipe anything except his Priority Pass, but T&C says Priority Pass can charge the amount within 90 days of lounge visit.

So, anyone who might have similar experiences or might have visited Adani Lounge in Mumbai, what will happen in this case ?

Last edited:

gabu

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
list are often not updated. If the lounge was not affiliated then he wouldnt been allowed. Don't worry he wont be charged.
Its not that they can charge for few lounge and allow free access to few lounges.
If lounge allows priority pass and you have free visit then no charge...

NOOBY

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
list are often not updated. If the lounge was not affiliated then he wouldnt been allowed. Don't worry he wont be charged.
Its not that they can charge for few lounge and allow free access to few lounges.
If lounge allows priority pass and you have free visit then no charge...

That's what I told him..

My assumption was if lounge doesn't allow Priority Pass, then they won't access it.. if they have accepted, then that means they have tie up with it and the visit won't get charged...

I told him to contact bank and/or priority pass team but he says they will blame him as he visited a lounge which was not in the list :p

churn

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
If you do not have a membership, how can one enter a place swiping the card? So if they allowed you on entry using a PP card, it means they have a tie up. As long as you are within the number of PP visits allowed (in this case it doesn't matter since he is holding Infinia), you should not be charged. Banks have a T&C so that they are protected legally. In your friend's case, I do not think he should be worried.

Also, the front desk person is right when mentioning he cannot see whether your friend will get charged, as the PP machine wouldn't tell the visit is chargeable. This is out of context here. Let's have a hypothetical situation here. Think you use a Regalia PP abroad and exhausted your free limits(There are a limited number of visits allowed. Also, Regalia PP used in India is chargeable). When you swipe, the machine won't let you know it is chargeable (unlike the Visa/MC machines in India where is mentions the free visits are over). Banks normally buy a bulk load of the number of visits from PP, and when you use the PP, it goes from the quota the banks have from PP, and banks charge the user depending on the agreement between the user and the bank. For example, HDFC doesn't buy 6* the number of regalia cards they have issued, since everyone is not going to maximize their quota. So they have a system in place where they have a calculation and have a bulk purchase of visits, and when the user uses it at PP, it uses one from the quota according to the agreement between the bank and PP. I was told about this quota system a long back by someone who works in the area/domain, and it made complete sense.

Last edited:

NOOBY

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
If you do not have a membership, how can one enter a place swiping the card? So if they allowed you on entry using a PP card, it means they have a tie up.
This is what my point (and understanding) was from day 1... if we try to swipe Priority Pass in a lounge which does not have any tie-up, then they shouldn't allow (reject) the visit instead of allowing and then charging on the CC... as this case looks similar to those POS machines which do not accept DinesClub... If the machine/shop doesn't support they shouldn't allow buying anyways

Just wanted to get that thin cleared from experienced users such as you..... Thanks for the information and help :)

Banks normally buy a bulk load of the number of visits from PP, and when you use the PP, it goes from the quota the banks have from PP, and banks charge the user depending on the agreement between the user and the bank. For example, HDFC doesn't buy 6* the number of regalia cards they have issues, since everyone is not going to maximize their quota. So they have a system in place where they have a calculation and have a bulk purchase of visits, and when the user uses it at PP, it uses one from the quota according to the agreement between the bank and PP. I was told about this quota system a long back by someone who works in the area/domain, and it made complete sense.

This actually makes sense..... Thank you soo much for this info!!!

Max

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
@nobbytom10
I have some questions regarding the priority pass program which is offered with various credit cards.

1. If the lounge is not in the list of Priority Pass program, will they deny entry or will they just swipe it ?
2. If being charged via Priority Pass entry, will Priority Pass team deduct amount from linked CC or will ask to pay at the reception desk then and there ?

Asking this because my senior friend has Infinia Metal which allows domestic lounge access via Priority Pass. He went to Mumbai T2 terminal and without checking entered Adani Lounge which is not in the list of Priority Pass lounges. He asked if he will be charged if Priority Pass is swiped but the reception guy told that he can't see whether the visit is chargeable or not and so, he just entered.

Now he is skeptical whether he will be charged for the visit or not (which is quite funny as I had told him to check the list of lounges before going). He could have visited Travel Club lounge which was in the list but went ahead with GVK/Adani Lounge as it was closest to the gate :\

He said he didn't swipe anything except his Priority Pass, but T&C says Priority Pass can charge the amount within 90 days of lounge visit.

So, anyone who might have similar experiences or might have visited Adani Lounge in Mumbai, what will happen in this case ?
I am curious to know if your friend was finally charged for the lounge visit? (I assume not, but would be good to validate what actually ended up happening here)

NOOBY

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
@nobbytom10

I am curious to know if your friend was finally charged for the lounge visit? (I assume not, but would be good to validate what actually ended up happening here)
He wasn't billed in that month's statement (Atleast)

Didn't check with him again

Reactions: Max

NOOBY

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Any update here? Was he charged. As a similar case has happened with my friend. And now he doesnt know if he will be charged.
Not sure... but I don't think he would have been charged

even he forgot after 1-2 months :D

It has to be the Adani domestic lounge. And PP is very much accepted there. Infinia PP is unlimited. So where is the question of the charges.

The lounge receptionist was correct that they cannot see what charges are imposed by PP or your CC on you.

thanix

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
It has to be the Adani domestic lounge. And PP is very much accepted there. Infinia PP is unlimited. So where is the question of the charges.

The lounge receptionist was correct that they cannot see what charges are imposed by PP or your CC on you.
Do you know Which lounge is available and better in Mumbai international departure to be accessed through DCB or Magnus PP? I have a flight to catch end of this week from T2.

NOOBY

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

my question was different in the sense that the lounge was accepting PP while they were not in the lounge list (website)....

So, If a lounge has PP scanner, and Infinia PP is free, then it should be free as PP list is not different for different card variants.

Akashgore10

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
my question was different in the sense that the lounge was accepting PP while they were not in the lounge list (website)....

So, If a lounge has PP scanner, and Infinia PP is free, then it should be free as PP list is not different for different card variants.
For Infinia it will be free, wherever the Priority Pass is accepted, domestic as well as international

Do you know Which lounge is available and better in Mumbai international departure to be accessed through DCB or Magnus PP? I have a flight to catch end of this week from T2.
Only Travel Club allows PP/DCB access. The very nice Adani Lounge in T2 international is only for premium pax.

SMGROW

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I have always found Travel club to be crowded. Many times the front desk lets you in by informing that there may not be any seating available.

er3shivam

TF Buzz

Hi ,

Did he notice any charge in his credit card for using PP ? What is the update ?

NOOBY

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hi ,

Did he notice any charge in his credit card for using PP ? What is the update ?

long forgotten, didn't check after 1/2 month

as far as I understood, if lounge accepts pass, and the pass is free/unlimited for domestic/international, then no charges (even if the lounge is not in the pass list as the list might not have been updated)