• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Query about credit limit and credit utilization ratio.

iM23

TF Select
1. If I don't use a credit card very often (say, once in 2/3 months), may the credit limit on the card get decreased for lesser usage? (Asking because I read somewhere that it actually happens.)

2. Do the credit bureaus calculate credit utilization ratio for individual cards or they do it both ways - combining all the credit limits and also separately for each card?

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
1. If I don't use a credit card very often (say, once in 2/3 months), may the credit limit on the card get decreased for lesser usage? (Asking because I read somewhere that it actually happens.)

2. Do the credit bureaus calculate credit utilization ratio for individual cards or they do it both ways - combining all the credit limits and also separately for each card?
Limit reduction is possible however happens rarely.. Generally when CC is not used.. v v rare occurrence. some banks do it.. but not a very common practice.

utilisation will show for every card and overall.. the overall has a higher weight on the score..