• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Purchasing United Miles

akil_av17

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I would like to book an Air India flight which requires around 47,000 united miles, I already have 10,000 united miles.

United is offering some bonus on miles purchase through their website until 28th February. I am considering (25000 + 13750 bonus) option that costs around $940 translating to INR 2 per united mile which I think is a bit costly.

I am looking for some other options to purchase miles elsewhere and move them to united miles.

Shadow747

TF Buzz
Either buy miles from united or transfer them from Marriot account (current offer to buy miles). don't buy miles from shady websites or brokers as your account may be blocked by united as it's against the terms and conditions of the frequent flyer program.

churn

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I didn’t want to put it here but you can ask someone with miles to book it for you and do the transaction between the two of you. Also buying miles unless required to top off a reservation is not a recommended idea