• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

priority pass ussed in domastic

upnorth85

TF Buzz
Overcrowding in lounges has become a global problem. From 1st February Delta has cut off access to lounges for Silver, Gold and Platinum elites while flying international. They also cut off Delta employees using Amex Platinum from using their lounges when on a non-paid ticket. Airlines are continuing to cut off access. Centurion cut off access to complementary guests starting next month, unless they spend above $75k annually on their Amex Platinum charge cards. We will know in 2 weeks if this has made a difference. I suspect in India too; lounges will increase charges when contracts are up for renewal and credit card companies will in turn restrict lounge access only to premium card holders. 080 lounge access at BLR, may become the norm India wide. Hyderabad lounge is a good example of what happens when there is uncontrolled access to all credit cards. I am flying through HYD in 2 weeks. I have no plans to even bother checking out the lounge there. But I am very keen to experience 080 domestic and international lounges on my next week's India trip. Both seem to be exceptional.

milindind

TF Buzz
I was told priority pass holders can access the lounge at BLR but will be charged for alcohol or food. That update is available on the priority pass site as well. Would anybody be able to verify this?

milindind

TF Buzz
Overcrowding in lounges has become a global problem. From 1st February Delta has cut off access to lounges for Silver, Gold and Platinum elites while flying international. They also cut off Delta employees using Amex Platinum from using their lounges when on a non-paid ticket. Airlines are continuing to cut off access. Centurion cut off access to complementary guests starting next month, unless they spend above $75k annually on their Amex Platinum charge cards. We will know in 2 weeks if this has made a difference. I suspect in India too; lounges will increase charges when contracts are up for renewal and credit card companies will in turn restrict lounge access only to premium card holders. 080 lounge access at BLR, may become the norm India wide. Hyderabad lounge is a good example of what happens when there is uncontrolled access to all credit cards. I am flying through HYD in 2 weeks. I have no plans to even bother checking out the lounge there. But I am very keen to experience 080 domestic and international lounges on my next week's India trip. Both seem to be exceptional.
Looks like Priority pass holders can not access food and beverages in India without payment... Only shoe shine is free as per Priority Pass website :(

vgarg

TF Buzz
In the Priority Pass app, search for BLR airport. I may be wrong. Maybe only for a la carte. Just making sure... waiting for a response from someone who has used it in recent days...
They write the same for domestic lounge but it has no charges for any food..so probably just written as a caution

upnorth85

TF Buzz
Looks like Priority pass holders can not access food and beverages in India without payment... Only shoe shine is free as per Priority Pass website :(
I had no problem accessing 080 lounge and food and beverages in BLR. HYD lounge was closed for "cleaning" 12.00 to 1.00 PM! I showed my PP card and Amex Platinum card. They swiped the PP card and both me and my wife got entry without any problems. She too has a PP card and Amex Platinum card, but the front desk person just swiped my PP card and entered 1 guest. I knew I am allowed 2 guests for free so did not protest. International 080 was underwhelming compared to 080 Domestic. It needs to be at least double the size it is now.

ccdc

TF Ace
anyone used pp in domestic terminals to access lounges for magnus holders? is it free or chargeable for primary and /or guests?