• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Predicament

S.S.

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I have made a Fairmont mara booking in Kenya for 4 days. For some reason, it seems like the booking was a prepaid/ advanced saver booking (I am not sure what this is).when I call customer care they are not sure whether I can burn my points for this booking. I emailed the hotel directly and they confirmed that I can burn points for this booking(not sure they understand whether it's advanced saver booking). Meantime I have booked flights from hyd to Nairobi. I called accor a 2nd time, again they are still not sure whether I can burn points or not. What to do?

CMG

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge
The property is bookable with points, even at the Advanced Saver rate. Why didn't you use points during the booking?

Email them to let them know you'll be paying with points and ask them not to charge your card. Disable international transactions. Even if the charge fails, they'll usually contact you to arrange payment through alternative methods.