• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

POS Credit Card offers - Physical Cards vs NFC Payment

rj_arora

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi all, Reliance Smartpoint (the grocery one) has an offer going on where they are offering a 10% instant discount on a minimum payment of 3K. The cashier also confirmed that some customers have successfully redeemed the offer. So, I paid 4.5K via Samsung Wallet NFC (SBI SimplyCLICK) and not via the physical card. I didn't get any discount whatsoever. So,
1. How do I get my 10% back? Will contacting SBI customer care help?
2. Is it the same case for all other cards, where NFC payment will not fetch the same offers and discounts as the physical cards?

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-11-05 at 10.10.43 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-11-05 at 10.10.43 PM.jpeg
    287.9 KB · Views: 19

RishiKiDev

TF Ace

Terms and conditions don't specify anything for NFC payments via Samsung Pay.

@rj_arora contact them immediately bcoz in the T&C its specified they won't entertain any complaints after 8th Nov.

rj_arora

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

Terms and conditions don't specify anything for NFC payments via Samsung Pay.

@rj_arora contact them immediately bcoz in the T&C its specified they won't entertain any complaints after 8th Nov.
Will twitter be a good option to contact them? I just tweeted

shrewdoc

TF Ace
Hi all, Reliance Smartpoint (the grocery one) has an offer going on where they are offering a 10% instant discount on a minimum payment of 3K. The cashier also confirmed that some customers have successfully redeemed the offer. So, I paid 4.5K via Samsung Wallet NFC (SBI SimplyCLICK) and not via the physical card. I didn't get any discount whatsoever. So,
1. How do I get my 10% back? Will contacting SBI customer care help?
2. Is it the same case for all other cards, where NFC payment will not fetch the same offers and discounts as the physical cards?
I think:

Paying via NFC is just like take the amount shown on the screen from my card
Whereas,
Swiping the card gives you discount first and then confirm the transaction.

I don't think SBI will be able to do anything here.

rj_arora

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I think:

Whereas,

So we shouldn't use any card with NFC, for these instant discount offers, is it?

RishiKiDev

TF Ace
I think:

Whereas,

Yup I'm also thinking the same but the POS machine they gave him to tap may be linked to different mcc than grocery.
Let's see what resolution SBI provides for the issue.
So we shouldn't use any card with NFC, for these instant discount offers, is it?
First confirm it with SBI.
It is a matter of concern because many are using Samsung Pay NFC for payment including me.