• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Port to Airtel

rockyBalboa

TF Premier
Jio network has become very poor near my home. I have complained many times but no improvement. Thinking of migrating to Airtel. My question is has anyone faced any issues recently like NOT RECEIVING OTPS, ANY BANKING APPS CRASHING etc. after porting to Airtel? Please share your experience. Reason I am asking is because one of my friends had a huge trouble with OTPs after migrating to Airtel a couple of years back. I hope this isn't the case nowadays.

Shubham Yadav

TF Legend
Jio network has become very poor near my home. I have complained many times but no improvement. Thinking of migrating to Airtel. My question is has anyone faced any issues recently like NOT RECEIVING OTPS, ANY BANKING APPS CRASHING etc. after porting to Airtel? Please share your experience. Reason I am asking is because one of my friends had a huge trouble with OTPs after migrating to Airtel a couple of years back. I hope this isn't the case nowadays.
thats not gonna be happen. Not receiving OTP, Crashing banking App is not connected to porting sim. its a separated thing.

shrewdoc

TF Ace
I was also facing OTP issues when I was with Airtel.

But if you have coverage and network issues, you should definitely port.

First check with someone already using the network you want to port to about coverage and speeds at your place. Then take the decision. Because porting has a lock-in period of 90 days.

rockyBalboa

TF Premier
I was also facing OTP issues when I was with Airtel.

But if you have coverage and network issues, you should definitely port.

First check with someone already using the network you want to port to about coverage and speeds at your place. Then take the decision. Because porting has a lock-in period of 90 days.
Thanks. Yeah I did confirm with few friends living near me and it seems that they have no issues. But they are using Airtel for a long time and I don't know anyone who has recently ported to Airtel from other networks. Yeah I know it's 90 days lock in period and that's what worries me the most. We so much depend on OTPs these days that my life would be living hell if I face problems with OTPs. 😃

akshayhs

TF Ace
After getting a new sim (physical or electronic), SMS (both incoming and outgoing) will be blocked for 24 hours. Post the cooldown, there is no issue.

AritraSaha

TF Legend
Not received can happen to any network(rare).
App crash is not related to you sim.

But two things i have faced-
1. There is popup message after i sent a sms.(also happened when u register in upi, so so your app suddenly switch, registration process fail). Solution-block the sender.

2. 1860 no are chargeable. Solution-have to recharge.