• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

PNB Credit cards experience | Application process and time

SycSCNR

TF Buzz
I have been little lucky with processing of pnb card,applied on november 24
Got the application submission date as nove 27
Vkyc done on 28 and got the vkyc approved message on nov 30 after that got the application lying discrepant message.They have asked me to send signed scanned copy of last 2 year ITR and aadhar card.
Send them the acknowledgement page of itr(i took a print out of the acknowledgement page and signed them and then scanned the page using my phone)
On December 6 got the acknowledgement receipt message from them and on December 7 got the card approval message.
Virtual card was generated after 10 hours
Provisional limit shown was only 67k but the card limit was 50k :)
Screenshot_20221208-111207__01.jpg

coinhunter

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Just checked the Genie app today, and to my surprise, I got approved! This would be the longest application of credit card I've experienced.

Applied on 19th Nov
Approved on 6th Dec

I applied for Select card, and that's what I got. It's now appearing on the Genie app, but I haven't activated it yet. Thinking of waiting for the actual card first.

ARV

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Just checked the Genie app today, and to my surprise, I got approved! This would be the longest application of credit card I've experienced.

Applied on 19th Nov
Approved on 6th Dec

I applied for Select card, and that's what I got. It's now appearing on the Genie app, but I haven't activated it yet. Thinking of waiting for the actual card first.
You will need to send another reminder for them to dispatch the card :ROFLMAO:

card_enthusiast

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

Applied on 19th Nov
Approved on 6th Dec

Need to have patience when u applied for PNB Card... my card got approved on 4thNov and still waiting for delivery... just only yesterday got SMS that card got dispatched by DTDC :D

coinhunter

TF Select
VIP Lounge
You will need to send another reminder for them to dispatch the card :ROFLMAO:

Need to have patience when u applied for PNB Card... my card got approved on 4thNov and still waiting for delivery... just only yesterday got SMS that card got dispatched by DTDC :D

Well, I kept my expectations low for this when I applied. I guess I have to wait another month then. 😄

satviksehgal

TF Premier
My card got dispatched today. Wrote an email yesterday night to creditcardho@pnb.co.in

You don't need to contact PNB for rupay select benefits, as far as i am aware there are no joining benefits from PNB except for 300 rp. You can avail rupay benefits from https://rupay.golftripz.com/#/offers . You don't even need physical card for rupay benefits.
Amazing. This is exactly what I was looking for.

Are these time sensitive? As in valid only till a certain time to redeem or do they always have such offers on the site? (Of course once redeemed the voucher will be have to be consumed within a short time window)

Also curious to know if MC and Visa also have similar offers that are independent of the bank you hold a card with and are because you have a visa or MasterCard?
Also- reward points, the app just doesn't show anything, no one at PNB answers the phone (obviously not surprised). How do I check them? Been 12 days with the card(virtual card)

ARV

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Amazing. This is exactly what I was looking for.

Are these time sensitive? As in valid only till a certain time to redeem or do they always have such offers on the site? (Of course once redeemed the voucher will be have to be consumed within a short time window)

Also curious to know if MC and Visa also have similar offers that are independent of the bank you hold a card with and are because you have a visa or MasterCard?
Also- reward points, the app just doesn't show anything, no one at PNB answers the phone (obviously not surprised). How do I check them? Been 12 days with the card(virtual card)
1. The benefits renew yearly, not sure if card anniversary year or calendar year. Need to check.

2. Yes, you can check Visa & Mastercard benefits from their respective websites but they may change based on card issuer unlike rupay.

3. No rewards for UPI payment as there is no MDR for banks. I have not made any other online transactions so not sure. I am yet to receive physical card

tanvi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Applied on 10 Nov
Completed kyc on 11 Nov
Received application discrepent msg on 3 Dec
Sent mail with itr on 6th dec
Received approval on 9 Dec

Able to link card in bhim
When will I get virtual card?

Last edited:

satviksehgal

TF Premier
1. The benefits renew yearly, not sure if card anniversary year or calendar year. Need to check.

2. Yes, you can check Visa & Mastercard benefits from their respective websites but they may change based on card issuer unlike rupay.

3. No rewards for UPI payment as there is no MDR for banks. I have not made any other online transactions so not sure. I am yet to receive physical card
1. Assuming RuPay will launch something even for 2023, hoping they just don't abandon the platform like many banks do.

3. Yeah, makes sense. So the only reason to pay 500 to PNB is get a card that works on UPI for merchant transactions. Emailed PNB aggressively for 2 days, they have shared the dispatch details now for DTDC, should get the card in 2-3 days then,

metal_heart

TF Premier
After one 24L car loan CIBIL hit and 4 CC CIBIL hits and multiple tries; When finally decided to give up; I was able to submit application on 23/Nov

Application Submitted : 23/Nov
KYC Done : 24/Nov
Card Approval : 2/DEC
Virtual Card : Shows Blocked (activated after physical card delivery)
Dispatch : 5/Dec
Delivery : 8/Dec

While total cycle time is not long, but how patchy PNB system is, its making me worried should I be using this card even.

From application redirecting to login page multiple times on uploading doc, and KYC page timing out or unavailable, to no virtual card visible on app.
Even Phone banking & customer care (email) is useless.

My virtual card never showed up, and always showed blocked.
I Called phone banking, they asked to register card over IVR first (which asks last 6 digit); CC didn't understand the problem statement

Sent out over email; to activate the blocked card, they responded with card tracking details.
After re describing the problem statement, they sent out card payment URL

finally gave up and waited for physical card.

Got the card yesterday.

I'm now even afraid to use this card. God forbidden, I land up in issue with a transaction, I'll go mad dealing with them.
Will make a customary first transaction and put this in drawer to be used for Rs 1 every quarter (or may b an offer).

Wanted to configure w/ BHIM, but whole experience taught,
stay away, stay sane

AshishR

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
After reading the latest comments here, now i am in two minds wether i should complete my vkyc or no. (Applied for card online Today) 😀
if you have patience , then do it,
process might take 1-2 months and u have to follow up badly with them

by the way, vkyc completing is also a big achievement in pnb :ROFLMAO:

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer

Credit card linking UPI already have 2%+ MDR charges, slowly all payment gateways will apply the charges for merchant (Razorpay gateway already started).

HDFC RuPay Regalia linked UPI already give rewards point on UPI.

4 rewards per 150 spend via HDFC RuPay Regalia cc linked UPI.

PNB also told - rewards via UPI is not decided yet (Why? Because PNB is PSU bank, When PNB launched RuPay CC. PNB takes 8 to 9 months for rewards system integration. So, wait 8-9 months)

Last thing, PSU banks promote more RuPay CC. You will get more offer on RuPay CC by PSU banks.

@satviksehgal you said "the only reason to pay 500 to PNB is get a card that works on UPI for merchant transactions."
So, better to use HDFC RuPay CC to get rewards points on UPI spend. PSU banks take atleast 8-9 months for rewards points integration.

Last thing, HDFC bank give you best experience on UPI or RuPay card.

Already PNB RuPay CC restricted for UPI spend but no problem on HDFC RuPay Regalia linked UPI. Soon other HDFC RuPay CC will linked with UPI. Wait 2-3 months.

Reactions: ARV