• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

PNB Credit cards experience | Application process and time

Digvijay

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Even I got mail to complete vKYC which I already did on the same day I submitted my application.. now I dont have any proof to show.. what could be done now?
Keep writing to their card processing team. You need to follow-up with them continuously to get feedback. You can also write to ccpc@pnb.co.in with application details.

how to login pnb genie app? It says number not registered but i have done VKYC already
Mobile number is for PNB existing customers. For credit card applicants you can track status of application. They have separate option in PNB Genie for tracking.

anish1516

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Just completed my VKYC. What a horrible pathetic experience. The back camera wasnt working. The camera was not taking focus. Not my phone's fault. I have done 2-3 KYCs very recently with the same phone.

papapancho

TF Buzz
How are you guys able to complete vKYC I'm surprised. I have sent them a mail with the documents (ITR ackn.) received acknowledgement of the same from them. But whenever I try to go to do vKYC it says "Entered UARN not present". The same UARN which I use to check my Application Status on PNB genie is not present while going for vKYC. lmfao. What kind of integration do these guys have at their backend is just beyond my thinking. but one thing is for sure, that is it's a long way for PSUs (especially PNB) to come anywhere near the direct competition with the likes of Slice and OneCard for the onboarding part.

Since I've made up mind that it'll take atleast 2 months for the same to get processed (average time for other members to get their cards approved after providing the documents last time + some more buffer time lol) considering I don't have to provide the documents again, I'm not very much bothered about it. Will check up with them in last week of November regarding the status of the same in case I don't get any mail requesting any more documents.

Also I'd like to know the opinion of fellow members of the forum, since this is my first time applying for a credit card and I don't have any loan ever taken (at least for the best of my knowledge) in my name so there is no existing CIBIL score (again as per the best of my knowledge). So will that affect my application chances? My income is more than what they have as the minimum requirements for the card.

1666117231949.png

Paras Jain

TF Premier
How are you guys able to complete vKYC I'm surprised. I have sent them a mail with the documents (ITR ackn.) received acknowledgement of the same from them. But whenever I try to go to do vKYC it says "Entered UARN not present". The same UARN which I use to check my Application Status on PNB genie is not present while going for vKYC. lmfao. What kind of integration do these guys have at their backend is just beyond my thinking. but one thing is for sure, that is it's a long way for PSUs (especially PNB) to come anywhere near the direct competition with the likes of Slice and OneCard for the onboarding part.

Since I've made up mind that it'll take atleast 2 months for the same to get processed (average time for other members to get their cards approved after providing the documents last time + some more buffer time lol) considering I don't have to provide the documents again, I'm not very much bothered about it. Will check up with them in last week of November regarding the status of the same in case I don't get any mail requesting any more documents.

Also I'd like to know the opinion of fellow members of the forum, since this is my first time applying for a credit card and I don't have any loan ever taken (at least for the best of my knowledge) in my name so there is no existing CIBIL score (again as per the best of my knowledge). So will that affect my application chances? My income is more than what they have as the minimum requirements for the card.

1666117231949.png
You are not alone brother. I have the same issue. I had applied on 18th september and when I try to do vKYC I get this same message u are getting. I have tried emailing and calling but no update or response. I have given up trying. Will take an update on 18th November once. But after that may be i will have to forget it

hks789

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

1666117231949.png
Check your credit score first. There is a thread in the forum to check scores for free.

I would not recommend PNB for your first card. There are better rewarding LTF cards out there. Do bit of research. If you are salaried, move your salary account to banks with good cards. You will receive pre approved offers in few months.

Else if you want to build your credit score first. Go for a small gold loan or fd based card

Digvijay

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

1666117231949.png
Well, that could be the topic of research! PNB is working in its own world. Their internal processing department does not know what is going on around them. Video KYC is just trial and error. There is no sure-shot way to get it done easily. I completed my vKYC twice still card processing team had no idea that their KYC team has completed my process. I actually had to share screenshot of vKYC and system generated message with them to clarify it. And yet when I track the application on PNB Genie, there is no update about vKYC. PNB team takes its own time to process applications. It's been experienced by many that they have no up-to-date data processing system compared to private bank mechanisms. So wait, follow-up and watch is the way to PNB! Keep trying!

cardgeek

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
PNB account holders can bypass VKYC, as there is no VKYC for PNB account holders, also my account processed with in 20 days, which maybe record from PNB.

They sent me application lying discrepant message twice and application got approved yesterday.

Paras Jain

TF Premier
PNB account holders can bypass VKYC, as there is no VKYC for PNB account holders, also my account processed with in 20 days, which maybe record from PNB.

They sent me application lying discrepant message twice and application got approved yesterday.
I am not a PNB account holder. So not sure why I don't need vkyc

Paras Jain

TF Premier
If there is no need of VKYC, you will get like not applicable thing when you look at your application status. If it is needed VKYC not completed or something will be shown.
yeah in genie app it shows as Not Applicable. But no update for a month since I applied. Not sure when they will process it further

papapancho

TF Buzz
Update: Did a rant here yesterday and today got a message saying my card has been approved. Yayy! Should’ve done it earlier Ig 😂
Also no vKYC was done/needed. I think they have started approving all applications together that’s why a lot of applications got approved at once (in a matter of few days) they must be clearing the backlog.

I haven’t activated the card yet, will do that after I receive the card. I guess now all I have to do is just wait for a couple of days.

Attachments

• B6532353-9649-424D-BA50-D1A88FA69CBE.jpeg
    B6532353-9649-424D-BA50-D1A88FA69CBE.jpeg
    240.5 KB · Views: 54
  • A1C6CFAF-DBF8-49CB-8214-07261178B48C.jpeg
    A1C6CFAF-DBF8-49CB-8214-07261178B48C.jpeg
    40 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:

manikP

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Update: Did a rant here yesterday and today got a message saying my card has been approved. Yayy! Should’ve done it earlier Ig 😂
Also I think they had started approving all applications together that’s why a lot of applications got approved at once (in a matter of few days) they must be clearing the backlog.

I haven’t activated the card yet, will do that after I receive the card. I guess now all I have to do is just wait for a couple of days.
Mine is still not approved 😔 waiting since 2 months.

cardgeek

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Also I think they had started approving all applications together that’s why a lot of applications got approved at once (in a matter of few days) they must be clearing the backlog.

In how many days card will be dispatched?

papapancho

TF Buzz
Mine is still not approved 😔 waiting since 2 months.
Bro just send them a detailed mail stating the date on which you applied for it, what all documents have you provided them and ask them if any document is required then you'll provide it at the earliest. Be very detailed. Send it on creditcardpnb2@pnb.co.in and add ccpc@pnb.co.in and care@pnb.co.in in CC. I'm sure folks will take care of it. I did the same in the only two mails which I sent. Seemed to do the trick for me.