• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

PNB Credit cards experience | Application process and time

manojkr

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
PNB credit card application experience is pathetic, CC executives are rude and responds as if it's applicant's fault. Shared ITR for AY 22-23, payslips, adhar twice. So far no acknowledgement from their side.
Finally approval sms came in and it says that within 5 days card will be delivered. Yet to see virtual card in pnb genie app.

RaMKA

TF Neo
#UPICreditCard #PSUBankUPICreditCard #PSUBankCreditCard #UPI #PNBCARD #bobfinancial #IndianBankCreditCard #unioncard

Since many years I have almost all lifetime free credit cards and without a need of having savings account (or relationship with bank) of private banks like HDFC, ICICI, SC, HSBC, Axis, IDBI, InduSind, IDFC etc. But no Rupay credit card from PSU bank was held by me.
After witnessing success of UPI, I was looking for option to use credit card on UPI. I tried V card but they declined issuing card during Covid though my Cibil score is excellent.
So when I read about Indian bank, PNB and UBI (United Bank Of India) issuing UPI credit card I thought of trying my luck. Though I had good and bad experiences with SBI, good because they are very aggressive on business and I had two auto loans from them, they gave discount just because my employer was implementing core banking for them (without me asking), removal of hypothecation was easy...
As most of PSU banks offer Rupay card and Rupay owner (NPCI) has agreed not to levy charges, I assume that all PSU bank Rupay cards will be compatible for UPI in sometime so I decides to try as many as possible at least those who do not ask me to have a relation with banks by opening new savings account.
My BOB Easy card was cake walk and I got it after applying online. No branch visits or follow ups.
When I applied for Indian Bank and UBI, the application did ask if I was existing customer to which I responded ‘No’ and it went ahead asking Aadhaar authentication, PAN card and all supporting documents like salary bank statement and IT returns etc. However, I noticed these applications asked to select nearest bank branch and it gave me idea that I will have to visit those. Applications were submitted for both successfully and I had reference number and SMSes during application process. I did not hear from both bank so I visited them. Looking at bank staff’s faces I felt they were wondering why I am interested in their products and they had no clue that their bank has enabled online application that does allow people without any relationship with bank to apply for credit cards. As expected first visit was waste. I emailed to branch ccing nodal office and grievances office. It did push branch staff to respond but stating they cannot act on it.
I visited second time to Indian Bank and manager realizing that I may not give up, he stated to me to open savings account. With some protest I did open it with min balance of Rs. 1000/-. Later he submitted my application to Chennai and told that it will take 1 month to get card. As of 18 Feb (after one month of wait) I am still waiting.
Yesterday I visited UBI branch as online application did not allow to proceed as I am not their customer. Branch told me to open an account and also handover credit card application which I did. I was happy to receive text same day that my savings account was opened. Hope I will get that I am doign all this circus for.
Meanwhile I read that PNB is allowing online applications for new credit card. I am trying to submit my application on line since yesterday, I has completed Aadhaar authentication and PAN verification. At last step I am able to upload my payslips and bank statement as per PDF format and within document size limits. But when I hit submit button, it gives an error. Tried on two browsers on two laptops and as well PNB one app on mobile. Seems to be bug at PNB end.

1676722879771.png

Last edited:

bismaj

TF Select
For me they had initially approved and sent me the Rupay platinum variant although I had applied for select one...after mailing them with the proof they chose to sent me the Select card but it was not getting activated from BHIM pay, so after calling them they said they issue only 1 PNB card hence i have to close any one, I chose to close the rupay platinum(although its physical look is very attractive) and continued with the Rupay select,
one problem there in the application process is that after selecting the salary slips of last 3 mnths and uplaoding them and then even completing the video KYC their application lies discrepant, then sent them your ITR AY 22-23( conveyed to me by the customer care via email) to the email id creditcardpnb@pnb.co.in with the ITR and application ID, then sit and relax.

bismaj

TF Select
#UPICreditCard #PSUBankUPICreditCard #PSUBankCreditCard #UPI #PNBCARD #bobfinancial #IndianBankCreditCard #unioncard

Since many years I have almost all lifetime free credit cards and without a need of having savings account (or relationship with bank) of private banks like HDFC, ICICI, SC, HSBC, Axis, IDBI, InduSind, IDFC etc. But no Rupay credit card from PSU bank was held by me.
After witnessing success of UPI, I was looking for option to use credit card on UPI. I tried V card but they declined issuing card during Covid though my Cibil score is excellent.
So when I read about Indian bank, PNB and UBI (United Bank Of India) issuing UPI credit card I thought of trying my luck. Though I had good and bad experiences with SBI, good because they are very aggressive on business and I had two auto loans from them, they gave discount just because my employer was implementing core banking for them (without me asking), removal of hypothecation was easy...
As most of PSU banks offer Rupay card and Rupay owner (NPCI) has agreed not to levy charges, I assume that all PSU bank Rupay cards will be compatible for UPI in sometime so I decides to try as many as possible at least those who do not ask me to have a relation with banks by opening new savings account.
My BOB Easy card was cake walk and I got it after applying online. No branch visits or follow ups.
When I applied for Indian Bank and UBI, the application did ask if I was existing customer to which I responded ‘No’ and it went ahead asking Aadhaar authentication, PAN card and all supporting documents like salary bank statement and IT returns etc. However, I noticed these applications asked to select nearest bank branch and it gave me idea that I will have to visit those. Applications were submitted for both successfully and I had reference number and SMSes during application process. I did not hear from both bank so I visited them. Looking at bank staff’s faces I felt they were wondering why I am interested in their products and they had no clue that their bank has enabled online application that does allow people without any relationship with bank to apply for credit cards. As expected first visit was waste. I emailed to branch ccing nodal office and grievances office. It did push branch staff to respond but stating they cannot act on it.
I visited second time to Indian Bank and manager realizing that I may not give up, he stated to me to open savings account. With some protest I did open it with min balance of Rs. 1000/-. Later he submitted my application to Chennai and told that it will take 1 month to get card. As of 18 Feb (after one month of wait) I am still waiting.
Yesterday I visited UBI branch as online application did not allow to proceed as I am not their customer. Branch told me to open an account and also handover credit card application which I did. I was happy to receive text same day that my savings account was opened. Hope I will get that I am doign all this circus for.
Meanwhile I read that PNB is allowing online applications for new credit card. I am trying to submit my application on line since yesterday, I has completed Aadhaar authentication and PAN verification. At last step I am able to upload my payslips and bank statement as per PDF format and within document size limits. But when I hit submit button, it gives an error. Tried on two browsers on two laptops and as well PNB one app on mobile. Seems to be bug at PNB end.

1676722879771.png
ensure u adhere to their size limit and then it will go smoothly.

abhishek73

TF Buzz
Guess I am lucky. Applied on 29th Jan which was incomplete. Completed my application on 4th Feb and UARN was generated on 4th Feb. Did video KYC the same day without any issues. Video KYC was approved on 17th Feb and today on 22nd Feb I received a message that my application has been approved. Limit provided is 65% of provisional limit assigned when UARN was generated. I submitted my docs and ITR as well. Didn't have to call them or email them.

hemant ojha

TF Buzz
Guess I am lucky. Applied on 29th Jan which was incomplete. Completed my application on 4th Feb and UARN was generated on 4th Feb. Did video KYC the same day without any issues. Video KYC was approved on 17th Feb and today on 22nd Feb I received a message that my application has been approved. Limit provided is 65% of provisional limit assigned when UARN was generated. I submitted my docs and ITR as well. Didn't have to call them or email them.
which document they accept for address proof? I am tier3 and we don't have PNB at my village but I live in Bengaluru for Job. what address proof I should provide?

timetraveller

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Applied for PNB Select a month back. Submitted all documents. I haven't received V-KYC link and then I try to track through Genie app, says V-KYC not applicable.

Any one went through a similar experience?

abhishek73

TF Buzz
Applied for PNB Select a month back. Submitted all documents. I haven't received V-KYC link and then I try to track through Genie app, says V-KYC not applicable.

Any one went through a similar experience?
Wait for that, it was the same for me as well. It took 2-3 weeks for them to approve V-KYC. If you don't get a response, I would suggest getting in touch with CC.

Finally, the application is approved for PNB Rupay Select, after Video KYC rejected due to old Aadhaar photo.

04th Jan 2023 - Submitted application to branch (Had submitted hard copy of the form with last 1 year ITR, Aadhaar, Gas connection as communication address proof and photo)
10th Feb 2023 - Received verification call
15th Feb 2023 - Received SMS for approval of credit card application

I already have 2 CIBIL enquiries in the credit report, probably after I get the card, will mail to PNB PNO to remove one of them.

Hi,

How is possible to remove CIBIL enquiries ?

I applied for HDFC card, there they had couple of enquiry, applied for PNB card, here also they did couple of enquiries. more than 15 points are reduced for unnecessary enquires from different banks, but i haven't get any credit card.

how we can handle this?

nik007rock

TF Select
finally card is visible on app but in blocked state,i guess post delievery it will be activated .
have not received any courier tracking link , or it will be directly delievered not sure

nds

TF Buzz
Received a heartfelt letter from PNB bank for the users of this community.

Dear Techno fino users,

Please don't bombard PNB with so many card requests, our poor PNB servers and VKYC executives can barely process a single card request per day that too we need snail's pace to look after each application.

We are still living in our babudome, where each card request takes lots of requesting, flattering and pleading, how on planet earth can you expect us to leave that red-tapism and expect a faster turn around. It's true that we have allowed the online applications for credit card but that doesn't mean you will get our cards instantly.

With our PSU virtue, while designing this online system we have made sure that it even if it is a computer it should harass the potential customer to the brim, we have ingrained such harassment at every step of our card onboarding process.

Let us quote some examples here.
1. First of all you will not be able to get the link to apply for PNB cards so easily, we deliberately kept our SEO guy on an unconditional leave so that this site becomes almost invisible on Google. After all how can we let a potential customer scot free with the card without visiting our branch at least 10 times.

2. Even if you manage to go to our website, https://pnbcard.in/ we still show a PDF form prominently which you need to fill and submit to any of our branches in-person. In this in-person interaction we will make sure that you visit at least 10 counters within our branch, only to be told at the last counter "Abhi lunch time ho gaya 3 baje baad aana".

3. Even if some smart brains still manage to find our website https://apply.pnbcard.in/ we will make sure that person faces obstacles at every level, see we have tried to gamified the entire experience by giving you goose bumps in form of showing random errors of special characters, showing ITR forms to those having salary slips and salary slips to those having their own business.

4. Even if you are those lucky few who manage to clear the form obstacles, we have another level for you in form of VKYC portal, which will still allow you to schedule a slot for your VKYC only to make sure that none of our executives become available in that duration.

5. We also observed some lunatics who kept on hitting the Call Now button and kept on disturbing our VKYC executives' noon siesta. For such pesters, we have another way of tackling them, on call we say that VKYC is done but in reality we don't share any status with them and keep them guessing about their application status.

Finally we at PNB, proudly wanted to show you earthly human beings that your card request is at our mercy, we don't care if you own Infinia, Indulge, Private or an Ultimate. All we care is you visit our branch, visit all those 10 counters only to be told to come after lunch time, you should curse yourself for the moment when you choose to apply for a PNB card, and just when you are at the brink of loosing hope, that time we will show our mercy and will offer you our PNB card with a limit of 15000 with our big heart.

We want to make this experience so memorable that you will cherish your PNB card for your entire life. We hope you will live long enough to tell such tales about such an arduous card application process to your grand kids.

Yours truly,
PNB
Superb bro, you deserve the most premium PNB Credit Card.