• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

PNB Credit card approved WITHOUT ITR or Form 16- by escalation to RBI

AsB

TF Ace
PNB Application process for me goes like this :-

6 March 2023 - Applied for PNB card using 3 months payslip and 6 months bank statement, even though I didnt have ITR or Form 16.

7 March 2023 - Tried to complete VKYC, but no agent was connecting till 4.40 PM. Exactly at 4.45 PM, one agent got connected, and my VKYC was succesful.

9 March 2023 - VKYC approved. Yet in PNB Genie app, it showed that VKYC is "Not Applicable". Don't know why.

13 March 2023 - Got message that application is lying discrepant. Called customer care, and asked them what to do. Customer care told me to send latest 1 year ITR or Form 16.
I didnt have ITR or Form 16. Requested Form16 from my company , but they said that it wont be available for me till June 2023 (i.e. after finishing one year). So, I sent my payslips, bank statement, company id to PNB (pnbcreditcard2@pnb.co.in) and requested to process the application without ITR.

15 March 2023 - Kept getting mails that ITR is compulsory. Requested again to process application without ITR.

17 March 2023 - PNB was unwilling to process my application, and gave me some stupid excuse about some circular due to which ITR is compulsory.
So, filed an RBI complaint against PNB with the following message.

I was trying to apply for a Credit card from PNB. Application No ********. As per bank official website as proof of income I was to submit either one of salary slip of 3 months and 6 months of bank statement or ITR of 1 year. Either ITR or Pay slip and Bank statement is what is mentioned in the website. I had applied for the card using 3 months payslip and 6 months bank salary account statement.

Once my VKYC was submitted, the bank sent me a notice saying that I needed to provide ITR or Form 16.

Now, I have not completed 1 year in my company, and I will be filing my ITR from June 2023 when new ITR application will start. Also since one financial year is not completed from my joining in my present company, the company that I work in will not be able to provide Form 16. However the PNB bank is adamant that I submit Form 16 or ITR even when it is NOT mentioned in the website.

Irrespective of many complaints PNB keeps insisting that as per their circular they require ITR. However, the same was not informed while filing for a new Credit Card application.

Please note that if at any point of filling the application, it were mentioned that ITR or Form 16 was compulsory I would NOT have proceeded with the application and would have applied at a later date.

Therefore it is my humble request that please ask PNB to process my application with Payslip and Bank statement as mentioned in their official website or remove the CIBIL enquiry from my CIBIL report.
Also, sent them the documents :-
  • Screenshot of the pnbcard.in website (attached in this thread)
  • Document available in pnbcard.in website - which mentions the required documents for Credit card application (also attached in this thread)
  • Entire conversation with PNB via email (not attached in this thread, as it had personal info)

18 March 2023 - Got an email from PNB Head Office to submit company offer letter, 2 months payslip and bank statement, and they would process the application. Sent them all the documents immediately.

20 March 2023 - Card got approved. Got limit of Rs 55k against shown limit of 63k (at the time of application).

Once I file ITR this year, I will ask for card upgrade to RuPay Select.

Attachments

• HowToApplyNew.pdf
    519.1 KB · Views: 42
  • PNB Card Website.jpg
    PNB Card Website.jpg
    204.6 KB · Views: 127
  • 68881.jpg
    68881.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 107
  • 2334.jpg
    2334.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 112
  • PHOTO-2023-03-20-14-08-53.jpg
    PHOTO-2023-03-20-14-08-53.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 102

Walter White

TF Legend
VIP Lounge

6 March 2023 - Applied for PNB card using 3 months payslip and 6 months bank statement, even though I didnt have ITR or Form 16.

7 March 2023 - Tried to complete VKYC, but no agent was connecting till 4.40 PM. Exactly at 4.45 PM, one agent got connected, and my VKYC was succesful.

9 March 2023 - VKYC approved. Yet in PNB Genie app, it showed that VKYC is "Not Applicable". Don't know why.

13 March 2023 - Got message that application is lying discrepant. Called customer care, and asked them what to do. Customer care told me to send latest 1 year ITR or Form 16.
I didnt have ITR or Form 16. Requested Form16 from my company , but they said that it wont be available for me till June 2023 (i.e. after finishing one year). So, I sent my payslips, bank statement, company id to PNB (pnbcreditcard2@pnb.co.in) and requested to process the application without ITR.

15 March 2023 - Kept getting mails that ITR is compulsory. Requested again to process application without ITR.

17 March 2023 - PNB was unwilling to process my application, and gave me some stupid excuse about some circular due to which ITR is compulsory.

• Document available in pnbcard.in website - which mentions the required documents for Credit card application (also attached in this thread)
  • Entire conversation with PNB via email (not attached in this thread, as it had personal info)

18 March 2023 - Got an email from PNB Head Office to submit company offer letter, 2 months payslip and bank statement, and they would process the application. Sent them all the documents immediately.

20 March 2023 - Card got approved. Got limit of Rs 55k against shown limit of 63k (at the time of application).

Wow. In a same situation as you. I have also raised it with RBI Ombudsman. Hope they approve it.

Also raised a complaint against AU Bank since they were too insistent on a mail from my HR despite giving all necessary proofs.

Reactions: AsB

Walter White

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
(y) for PNB.

But, regarding AU bank, that is absurd.
I gave them the necessary proofs but they were like we still need a mail from HR. They wanted me to send a mail from official mail id but since one of AU's rivals is my client, there are restrictions on sending mails through official mail id. I already mailed them my ID card as well as employment letter with company letterhead as well as HR signature. Still, they asked for a mail from HR. I mean, why should I even involve the HR for something that has nothing to do with him?

AsB

TF Ace
I gave them the necessary proofs but they were like we still need a mail from HR. They wanted me to send a mail from official mail id but since one of AU's rivals is my client, there are restrictions on sending mails through official mail id. I already mailed them my ID card as well as employment letter with company letterhead as well as HR signature. Still, they asked for a mail from HR. I mean, why should I even involve the HR for something that has nothing to do with him?
Keep updating about your status

Walter White

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Reactions: AsB

maverick

TF Premier
Wow. In a same situation as you. I have also raised it with RBI Ombudsman. Hope they approve it.

Also raised a complaint against AU Bank since they were too insistent on a mail from my HR despite giving all necessary proofs.
How many days it takes to get this reply from pnb after raising complaint to rbi ombudsman?

Walter White

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Reply then with bank statement, and tell them that you dont file ITR. They will not ask for ITR, only if your salary is less than 6 lakh
I already gave them bank statements. I didn't file any ITR for last 2 years as I was in college. Let's see what they come up with. My current salary is way more than 6L, so highly likely they won't spare me easily.

girish3456

TF Premier

Can you share the link where exactly you have filed a complaint against the bank