• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Planning to stay in Indonesia 45 days

DarkEnergy

TF Buzz
Hi All,

Since I am planning to stay in Indonesia for 45 days I am thinking on buying forex card. I have bought goniyo debit card but unfortunately it was stopped. When I check about ATMs in indonesia I don't feel it safe to use my Axis debit card and also swiping my magnus card in POS.
Could you please suggest which forex card I need to buy with digital reload option or shall I buy goniyo credit card?
If you have any experience in staying in indonesia which app I can use for shopping. I am aware of grab and gojek but it is only for transit, I am thinking of using my card in super market and outdoor adventure activity.

Thank in advance

gurbina

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi All,

Since I am planning to stay in Indonesia for 45 days I am thinking on buying forex card. I have bought goniyo debit card but unfortunately it was stopped. When I check about ATMs in indonesia I don't feel it safe to use my Axis debit card and also swiping my magnus card in POS.
Could you please suggest which forex card I need to buy with digital reload option or shall I buy goniyo credit card?
If you have any experience in staying in indonesia which app I can use for shopping. I am aware of grab and gojek but it is only for transit, I am thinking of using my card in super market and outdoor adventure activity.

Thank in advance
All cards work fine in Indonesia. It's fairly safe and there's no issue on using your bank cards.

As usual I wouldn't recommend using a debit card at all, for credit cards at least the bank will be more interested in addressing fraudulent transactions and also quite a few cards come with a fraud/lost protection as long as you report it in a timely and clear manner.

I see no point in using an FX card for many reasons.

First TDS charges on reload
Second you'll need to top it up and if the bank portal/app is down which happens often then good luck
Third, it is annoyance to top up often and reloading large amounts defeats the purpose of a prepaid card.
Fourth, it behaves as a debit card and security deposits which are common when renting a vehicle or staying at certain properties will block your cash unlike in a credit card in which it will block credit and not your cash.
Fifth, no rewards/cashback/points and usually almost 0 benefits other than no FX markup which can be often outweighed by credit card rewards.

DarkEnergy

TF Buzz
All cards work fine in Indonesia. It's fairly safe and there's no issue on using your bank cards.

As usual I wouldn't recommend using a debit card at all, for credit cards at least the bank will be more interested in addressing fraudulent transactions and also quite a few cards come with a fraud/lost protection as long as you report it in a timely and clear manner.

I see no point in using an FX card for many reasons.

First TDS charges on reload
Second you'll need to top it up and if the bank portal/app is down which happens often then good luck
Third, it is annoyance to top up often and reloading large amounts defeats the purpose of a prepaid card.
Fourth, it behaves as a debit card and security deposits which are common when renting a vehicle or staying at certain properties will block your cash unlike in a credit card in which it will block credit and not your cash.
Fifth, no rewards/cashback/points and usually almost 0 benefits other than no FX markup which can be often outweighed by credit card rewards.
Thank you very much for your reply.

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Hi All,

Thank in advance
You can get the iciic forex card and get it loaded from bookmyforex
Other option is to take some 0 forex debit card like niyo global , IndusInd exclusive etc

skvignesh

TF Premier