• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Failed HDFC Billpay CC payment and ETA 45 days for refund

chiranth

TF Neo
I attempted to make a payment for my Amazon Pay ICICI Credit Card bill on March 18th using my HDFC Debit Card, but unfortunately, the transaction failed on the Billpay portal. It has now been over 48 hours, and the funds have not yet been credited back to my account. After contacting customer care via email, they created a ticket and informed me that I must wait for 45 days, until May 15th, for the resolution.

I find it concerning that they are holding onto my money for such an extended period:mad: Will they pay interest for my funds?:mad:

Due to this delay, I had to borrow money to fulfill my other commitments. In my follow-up email, I plan to include Nodal and grievance email IDs to ensure my concern is addressed promptly.

Could anyone please provide suggestions on how I can escalate this matter to expedite the refund process?

chiranth

TF Neo
It should be refunded in 5 to 7 working days.
Don't go by their word,they are dumb people.
@S S V your feedback will be appreciated
I agree. My relationship manager seemed unaware of this issue. Initially, she advised me to wait for 24 hours. However, when I followed up after 24 hours, she extended the wait time to 48 hours. Now, it has been prolonged to 7 days.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I attempted to make a payment for my Amazon Pay ICICI Credit Card bill on March 18th using my HDFC Debit Card, but unfortunately, the transaction failed on the Billpay portal. It has now been over 48 hours, and the funds have not yet been credited back to my account. After contacting customer care via email, they created a ticket and informed me that I must wait for 45 days, until May 15th, for the resolution.

I find it concerning that they are holding onto my money for such an extended period:mad: Will they pay interest for my funds?:mad:

Due to this delay, I had to borrow money to fulfill my other commitments. In my follow-up email, I plan to include Nodal and grievance email IDs to ensure my concern is addressed promptly.

Could anyone please provide suggestions on how I can escalate this matter to expedite the refund process?
It should be refunded in 5 to 7 working days.
Don't go by their word,they are dumb people.
@S S V your feedback will be appreciated

You should get your refund within 7 or 10 days. if it crosses beyond that they are liable to pay daily penalty amount until it was paid back.
One of our comrades did fight this out with ICICI and won all the compensation via RBI ombdsman route..
Need to find that thread.. I will look for it..