• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Planning to open new BOB Account need some suggestions

tuhin

TF Premier
Hi all,

I need your suggestion & few pieces of information regarding the BoB Sb account:

1. I had one account earlier that I closed for some reason. Can I reopen it through the online process?
2. If I am opening through branch can I avail of Virtual DC through BOB World ?
3. Can I get Rupay Platinum Virtual DC through an offline process account opening?
4. Any suggestion on account variant
5. Are your overall happy with their services like branch banking/net banking etc

Thanks

Solution
1. I had one account earlier that I closed for some reason. Can I reopen it through the online process?
Once you hold an savings account with them and closed it, you are not allowed to open it again from online you need to visit any nearest branch they can only open your new account.
Yes! While the account opening time don't ask for any dc(as you only need vc)
3. Can I get Rupay Platinum Virtual DC through an offline process account opening?
Once you successfully opened your account and it becomes activates again visit your branch for bob world app registration process. After the completion bob world app open bob world app and login...

Batmanbaba

TF Legend
You have to visit branch and open a new account... U can't reopen or open your account online... Since u were once a customer...

U can get rupay platinum virtual card even if u open account through branch....
And open bib advantage savings account.... Ut will have mostly some mab required like 500-1000.....and yes it's good for day to day usage.... If u want physical rupay platinum card ... I would suggest au bank account.... It's raining offers these days for au bank cards... So u will get both rupay platinum benefits plus au bank offers.. As all au bank offers are valid equally on au credit/debit cards in 90% cases...

charges for au bank card is only 150+gst....which u will recover in 2 months only via apay wallet loading

ashwink

TF Infinite
TF Family
Sr Moderator
Once you hold an savings account with them and closed it, you are not allowed to open it again from online you need to visit any nearest branch they can only open your new account.
Yes! While the account opening time don't ask for any dc(as you only need vc)
Once you successfully opened your account and it becomes activates again visit your branch for bob world app registration process. After the completion bob world app open bob world app and login, visit cards section, 1671629135252.jpg
go to apply for debit card option,
1671629135236.jpg
You will see an option for Virtual Debit Card,
1671629135218.jpg
Select your account number and proceed,
1671629135207.jpg
Now you will get options for your DC network and variant, select RuPay Platinum Virtual,

1671629135195.jpg
Now select validity for your DC and click proceed, enter your txn pin voila your new card is ready!
20221221_185857.jpg

4. Any suggestion on account variant
Baroda Advantage SB_GEN account,

5. Are your overall happy with their services like branch banking/net banking etc
Overall experience is very good 👍 👌

Solution