• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

[PENDING CONFIRMATION] Trick Axis Bank Edge Rewards 1:1 Ratio Flight and Hotel Booking

hungryPanda

TF Premier
There have been speculations that we can book any flights from Edge rewards at 1:1 ratio.

I think this is possible via ITH International Travel House which is partner at ITC.

We can obtain ITC Green points at 1:0.9 ratio. roughly with the 10% promotion currently running.
Using green points we can then buy ITH Vouchers and then book flights using the same.

Disclaimer:- This trick is not certified yet by me since it's Sunday today and the travel partner isn't reachable. I will update once their support is available tomorrow.

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Finally booked a domestic flight. Here is my experience.

5th and 10th - Initiated ER to Club ITC transfer

19th - Confirmation from Axis for transfer completion

20th - ITC points credited and redeemed for ITH Vouchers from ITC App and got confirmation mail.

27th - Vouchers delivered, Went to ITH and Booked successfully. Paid residual amount by UPI.

Important points-
Keep a month in advance at least for entire process.

Remember to update address before redemption request in ITC app, it won't ask while placing redemption request for ITH Vouchers.

Sign on all vouchers. I had to go again just for signing 😭.

Overall time at ITH - 30 MINUTES

Price - Check cleartrip price, remove any promo code or round trip discount, add convinience fee. Round up/down to next 500 multiple depending on whether u value points at 1rs or lesser, u r allowed to overpay. Redeem Vouchers based on this. This comes pretty close to actual price for retail fare. Corporate fare is costlier.

Some real numbers -
Cleartrip Price without any promo and round trip discount with convinience fee comes to 17385. ITH charged 17498.

So, if someone books without any discount, he gets value of 1 rs per point.

But I had opportunity to book this at 25% discount during BBD Festival, so that comes to around 13000. And I had to pay 500 extra for transport. So in net I saved 12000 using 17000 ITC points, which brings point value at 0.7rs per ITC points for me, which is not bad considering I have used them for even 0.5 rs value at times.

drsel

TF Legend

20th - ITC points credited and redeemed for ITH Vouchers from ITC App and got confirmation mail.

27th - Vouchers delivered, Went to ITH and Booked successfully. Paid residual amount by UPI.

Important points-

Remember to update address before redemption request in ITC app, it won't ask while placing redemption request for ITH Vouchers.

Price - Check cleartrip price, remove any promo code or round trip discount, add convinience fee. Round up/down to next 500 multiple depending on whether u value points at 1rs or lesser, u r allowed to overpay. Redeem Vouchers based on this. This comes pretty close to actual price for retail fare. Corporate fare is costlier.

Some real numbers -
Cleartrip Price without any promo and round trip discount with convinience fee comes to 17385. ITH charged 17498.

But I had opportunity to book this at 25% discount during BBD Festival, so that comes to around 13000. And I had to pay 500 extra for transport. So in net I saved 12000 using 17000 ITC points, which brings point value at 0.7rs per ITC points for me, which is not bad considering I have used them for even 0.5 rs value at times.
How do you manage to get 25% discount on air tickets?
Was the 25% discount during the Big billion day sale on Flipkart or Amazon or ?

kej

TF Premier
RML Group
VIP Lounge

Important points-

Some real numbers -

Which City? DId the ITH office deposit your vouchers beforehand or did you have to take it when booking?

statusquo

TF Select
Thanks for the quick and detailed answer @Harry1! Also, I saw above that @yaswanth458 had redeemed 1.6L of vouchers in 1 transaction. Can I convert Rs 5-6 lakh worth of Axis points to Club ITC, and then convert all of those into ITH vouchers? Or, is there a limit?

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Thanks for the quick and detailed answer @Harry1! Also, I saw above that @yaswanth458 had redeemed 1.6L of vouchers in 1 transaction. Can I convert Rs 5-6 lakh worth of Axis points to Club ITC, and then convert all of those into ITH vouchers? Or, is there a limit?
Read the tweets shared by me in first page, it covers everything.

Just to add, the ITC points to ITH Vouchers conversion is devalued to 0.8 recently. So, 5 edge points translate to 4 ITC points (if magnus burgundy) or 4.4 if 10% bonus is ongoing and then to 3.2/3.52 ITH voucher.