• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Paytm to stop load wallet via debit card

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer

Paytm to stop load wallet via debit card:​

Got this paytm notification, Seems sooner or later Paytm will stop load money via Debit Card (atleast for free) like they did for Credit card loads.

Time to use Amazon full kyc wallet and transfer to bank/cc bill pay via Amazon wallet UPI

Use HDFC Millennia debit card and RBL Signature+ debit card to get 1% cashback.

FBIMG1689090066942.jpg

Last edited:

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
Jo bhi text website pe mention hai woh kaafi phle se hai.
Nothing new in it.

Woh ludo khuch bhi bol raha hai.

Jo Base Charge hai add money from Normal Credit Cards ka woh upto 2.5% hai.

If you add money from Credit Card and then transfer it Bank Account for More than 5000, then Base Charge of upto 2.5% will become upto 4.5% for such users.

That is why for some users it is 2.35% , for Some it is 3.35% and for Some users it is 4.35%

Wallet to Bank Transfer of more than 5k, will Increase only base charge of upto 2.5% to upto 4.5% for adding Money to wallet for upcoming few months

Wallet to Bank remains free free free free.
Yeh sab toh hamesa se tha.

Waise ek chiz mentioned hai "Please use UPI for Adding Money to Wallet for free." ?? yaha debit card kyun nahi likha paytm walo ne.

By the way yeh hai upcoming changes -

SMS/Notification alert services effective August 1, 2023
• SMS will be sent only for Debit Transactions above ₹ 100 effective August 1, 2023.
• Customers will continue to receive sms for Credit transactions above ₹2,500.
• Please switch on your notification for getting regular update on your Paytm Payments Bank Account.

VISHESH_BANSAL

TF Pioneer

Waise ek chiz mentioned hai "Please use UPI for Adding Money to Wallet for free." ?? yaha debit card kyun nahi likha paytm walo ne.

• SMS will be sent only for Debit Transactions above ₹ 100 effective August 1, 2023.
• Please switch on your notification for getting regular update on your Paytm Payments Bank Account.
Debit Option hi nhi rhega add money ke liye, toh likh ke kya karega.

InsaneYuvi

TF Premier
Yes, you can pay to CC bill repayment via Amazon wallet UPI
how does this work, can you pls explain in detail
when one pays credit card bill through amazon, the wallet option is disabled and we can't pay through the money in amazon pay
and the second option is amazon pay upi
how will the payment count in wallet reload ?

From what I have understood, one had to reload the amazon pay wallet and than transfer that money back to bank in that way one gets 1 percent cashback
but after doing this what's the point in paying through amazon pay upi ? one can do this from the bank netbanking as well right ? (as the 1 percent wallet reload is already and money is also back in the bank and not in wallet)

Can you tell me whether i am correct or not and if u meant something else by ur statement please explain a bit.

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
how does this work, can you pls explain in detail
when one pays credit card bill through amazon, the wallet option is disabled and we can't pay through the money in amazon pay
and the second option is amazon pay upi
how will the payment count in wallet reload ?

From what I have understood, one had to reload the amazon pay wallet and than transfer that money back to bank in that way one gets 1 percent cashback
but after doing this what's the point in paying through amazon pay upi ? one can do this from the bank netbanking as well right ? (as the 1 percent wallet reload is already and money is also back in the bank and not in wallet)

Can you tell me whether i am correct or not and if u meant something else by ur statement please explain a bit.
I m talking about Amazon wallet UPI not Amazon pay UPI.

both are different thing.

You can use Amazon wallet balance via Amazon wallet UPI for bank transfer or cc bill repayment on billdesk website.

CardTox

TF Premier

You can use Amazon wallet balance via Amazon wallet UPI for bank transfer or cc bill repayment on billdesk website.
Which billdesk website you are talking about? where we could enter our upi id manually and the request would be sent to amazonpay upi?

InsaneYuvi

TF Premier

Amazon wallet UPI means using Amazon pay wallet for UPI transfer right ? Like using the money in Amazon pay balance to transfer to someone's bank account through UPI ID or scanner ?

Walter White

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
is this good? 2.5%+ charges will be there right?
2.35% normal case me. Agar koi card hai jiske RP se recover ho jayenge us case me kar lo.

Nhi toh 30/20/15 rs flat cashback wala offer bhi chal rha hai. Math laga ke utna amount load kar lo ki cashback se compensate ho jaaye convenience fee.

romilq

TF Ace

I called them to close wallet and bank account. They took request and next day I got follow up call. They said these charges are only if you activate SMS feature. In my account it is already closed so I won't be charged. That's what the guy said so I have kept the wallet and account for now.