• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Paytm Merchant Transaction Issue and Subsequent Headache

Predator

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Undoubtedly, digital transactions have made our life easier, but it has its own share of bad experiences.
Recently, I paid some 13000 to a shop using Paytm QR code. The first transaction failed, I tried again and payment was successful.
Later on, I received a call from the shop that payment had failed and please pay again.
I knew the payment was successful but Paytm has sent him a failed transaction Mail for my first failed transaction and that has created all the confusion. Merchant was not ready to accept that he had received the payment. When asked about showing Paytm Business App, he replied he is illiterate and does not know anything and have a basic phone only.

I raised issue with Paytm, and spent around 2 hour on call, totally frustrated.
After two days Paytm closed the ticket saying delivery/service solely depends upon merchant's policy and Paytm can not do anything in this or send us a written confirmation from
a merchant that He has not provided the service but received the payment.
So, the conclusion is Paytm will not contact the merchant directly as they have only last 4 digits on contact number of the merchant. I have to visit the shop to get confirmation or arrange a conference call.

At last, I went to shop with my father and friends, confronted him, threatened him with a police complaint, and in a moment he accepted that he has received the payment but was scared due to email that Paytm may retract the payment later on.

Why Paytm is sending failed transaction Mail to merchants's account, when he has nothing to do with it? The mail started all the confusion.

I have attached the photo of e-mail that Paytm sent to merchant's Gmail account.

Attachments

• photo_2023-11-23_15-23-33.jpg
    photo_2023-11-23_15-23-33.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 30

D₹V

TF Prestige
Undoubtedly, digital transactions have made our life easier, but it has its own share of bad experiences.
Recently, I paid some 13000 to a shop using Paytm QR code. The first transaction failed, I tried again and payment was successful.
Later on, I received a call from the shop that payment had failed and please pay again.
I knew the payment was successful but Paytm has sent him a failed transaction Mail for my first failed transaction and that has created all the confusion. Merchant was not ready to accept that he had received the payment. When asked about showing Paytm Business App, he replied he is illiterate and does not know anything and have a basic phone only.

I raised issue with Paytm, and spent around 2 hour on call, totally frustrated.
After two days Paytm closed the ticket saying delivery/service solely depends upon merchant's policy and Paytm can not do anything in this or send us a written confirmation from
a merchant that He has not provided the service but received the payment.
So, the conclusion is Paytm will not contact the merchant directly as they have only last 4 digits on contact number of the merchant. I have to visit the shop to get confirmation or arrange a conference call.

At last, I went to shop with my father and friends, confronted him, threatened him with a police complaint, and in a moment he accepted that he has received the payment but was scared due to email that Paytm may retract the payment later on.

Why Paytm is sending failed transaction Mail to merchants's account, when he has nothing to do with it? The mail started all the confusion.

I have attached the photo of e-mail that Paytm sent to merchant's Gmail account.
Merchant is noob.