• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Payment in foreign Currency

Prateek26

TF Buzz
Which is the best card to make payment in foreign currency? I have to make payment through paypal or even direct payment option is there. Not sure where will i incur less charges?

churn

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Which is the best card to make payment in foreign currency? I have to make payment through paypal or even direct payment option is there. Not sure where will i incur less charges?

you will get 500 points when you activate gvp

nrj1007

TF Premier
I have Magnus,Infinia and Diners.
Activate Global Value Program on Infinia. It will give you additional 1% real cashback on international txn upto 1000rs. Cost is Rs200 per year and you will get 500 points as welcome benefit.

For international txn upto 1lakh Rs, you will get overall 4.33% rewards and after 1 lakh 3.33%.
Forex charges would be 2%+GST.

helloworld

TF Legend
Activate Global Value Program on Infinia. It will give you additional 1% real cashback on international txn upto 1000rs. Cost is Rs200 per year and you will get 500 points as welcome benefit.

For international txn upto 1lakh Rs, you will get overall 4.33% rewards and after 1 lakh 3.33%.
Forex charges would be 2%+GST.

For higher transactions, it might be ok. But if there is local currency option do check below calculation.

In $ purchase = 4.33% - 2.36% = 1.97% - (Conversion Rate%)

In ₹ purchase = 3.33% - 1.18% = 2.15%

Note: Do check if they already charged more if you pay in local currency.

Last edited:

nrj1007

TF Premier
For higher transactions, it might be ok. But if there is local currency option do check below calculation.

In $ purchase = 4.33% - 2.36% = 1.97% - (Conversion Rate%)

In ₹ purchase = 3.33% - 1.18% = 2.15%
If you want to pay in Rs for an international txn, do check their conversion rate. Mostly it is on higher side of you pay in Rs.

helloworld

TF Legend
If you want to pay in Rs for an international txn, do check their conversion rate. Mostly it is on higher side of you pay in Rs.

Depends, some websites that I use mostly have equal conversion but yes it all depends, if higher or lower above one will provide general idea if one needed.

pranavcool

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Just check the INR value to the value shown in google. Its much higher. All this assuming your credit card reward rate cancels the conversion fee charged by bank.
I did a mistake 😔, the local currency option was hidden and i just did paypal currency conversion. 4% so i need to ask will hdfc infinia with gv on get points and 1% cb as mcc is registered of uk, but transaction happened in inr and will bank charge dcc again?

nrj1007

TF Premier
I did a mistake 😔, the local currency option was hidden and i just did paypal currency conversion. 4% so i need to ask will hdfc infinia with gv on get points and 1% cb as mcc is registered of uk, but transaction happened in inr and will bank charge dcc again?
GVP won't give you cashback if you pay in INR. 1.18% DCC will be applicable and you will get 3.33% cashback in your case.