• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Paying CC bill of >75k for rewards/benefits

Enthusiast

TF Premier
I have to pay 1.6 Lakh HDFC CC bill this month. With my HDFC platinum debit card, i will pay 75k to get 750 cashback. So, how to pay the remaining amount (85k) to get rewards?

Chaitanya-a

TF Prestige
sir i am using stanc card on that using 2-3 lacs month jsu issue withh millenia
second amazon not allowing to pay bil via amazon pay balanace how to pay tht?
Ohh then its a selective issue for Millenia.

Second thing is Amazon allows via actual Amazon pay balance. If you're checking with Apay Gift card balance, then it won't allow.

VISHESH_BANSAL

TF Pioneer
Not via Mobikwik (for Millenia card). You've to load wallet (either Amazon pay or Paytm) to get 1% Cashback and then pay CC Bill via that wallet amount.
Millenia DC will give 2.5% upto 400 for CC Bills via Mobikwik.

CC Bill Payment worth 16k
400 Cashback.
This justify 90 days wait.

And we can explore other Bank DC for rest of the Payment instead of doing 75k Via HDFC Platinum.

satish0987

TF Ace
Millenia DC will give 2.5% upto 400 for CC Bills via Mobikwik.

CC Bill Payment worth 16k
400 Cashback.
This justify 90 days wait.

And we can explore other Bank DC for rest of the Payment instead of doing 75k Via HDFC Platinum.
U won't get 2.5% guaranteed...
U should check merchant name clearly for 2.5% otherwise u get 1% only😅

VISHESH_BANSAL

TF Pioneer
U won't get 2.5% guaranteed...
U should check merchant name clearly for 2.5% otherwise u get 1% only😅
I am using it since Account Opening date and getting 400 per month for 16k Bill Payment.

Merchant name has no role in it but MCC has an important role.

Earlier it was hit and miss due to frequent MCC change by Mobikwik but now MCC is fixed to Utility Since last few months.

Last edited:

hks789

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Amazing
Will give a try after some ground work
Thank u
Did you try Federal? They have a rupay card and it may be added to BHIM.
Only lowest variant of Federal cards - Signet has Rupay version.
Federal has a complete digital on-boarding but there is no card selection option for the user. If your CTC is higher than 5L most probably you will be auto assigned with higher variant Imperio or Celesta cards. There is no way to downgrade cards at the moment in federal.