• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Pay Credit Card Bill Via HDFC Bill Payment Portal And Get 1% Cashback

TechnoFino

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
Are you paying your credit card bill via 3rd party app or directly from your bank portal? then you are probably losing 1% cashback.
If you pay your credit card bill via HDFC Bank bill payment portal using your HDFC Bank debit card then you can earn 1% cashback, maximum Cashback capping depends on your debit card type.
Maximum Cashback Capping-
If you have HDFC Easyshop Platinum debit card then you can earn 1% upto Rs. 750 per month, just pay Rs. 75,000 bill & get Rs. 750 cashback.
If you have HDFC Millennia debit card then you can earn 1% upto Rs. 400 per month, just pay Rs. 40,000 bill & get Rs. 400 cashback.

Not only credit card bill, you can pay any utility bill you want (must be available on Hdfc bank bill payment portal) & get 1% cashback.

To Pay Bill Follow These Steps-
1. Login to your HDFC Bank Netbaning
2. Click on "BillPay & Recharge" tab -> Click on Continue

Screenshot 2022-05-21 at 1.01.56 PM.png

3. Now click on Add Biller
4. Select Credit Card
5. Now select your card provider name

Screenshot 2022-05-21 at 1.02.48 PM.png

6. Enter your credit card detail
7. Enter amount you want to pay
8. Select your debit card from drop down menu
9. Click on pay

Screenshot 2022-05-21 at 1.03.27 PM.png

10. Enter OTP & Done!

You'll receive 1% Cashback for the transaction, you can check & redeem your debit card Cashback from "Card Tab -> Debit Card -> Enquiry -> Cashback Enquiry & Redemption"

Screenshot 2022-05-21 at 1.30.27 PM.png

CyberPsych

TF Ace
Hi all, I have a HDFC salary account with Millenia DC and my sister has HDFC salary account with Platinum DC. Can I use my sisters Platinum DC in my HDFC net banking bill pay portal and pay to get rewards? (1% CB will go to her platinum DC and I need to claim it from her HDFC net banking account)

Or should I use netbanking her bill pay portal?

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
Hi all, I have a HDFC salary account with Millenia DC and my sister has HDFC salary account with Platinum DC. Can I use my sisters Platinum DC in my HDFC net banking bill pay portal and pay to get rewards? (1% CB will go to her platinum DC and I need to claim it from her HDFC net banking account)

Or should I use netbanking her bill pay portal?
debit card will be linked already if issued by the hdfc to the user. you can't edit or enter new DC in the netbanking. you can enter your cc details in her and pay your bills and vice-versa.
my advice don't use her account to pay off your bill just cause some cashback.. this will result into a habit of paying your cc bills and you might need to transfer some amount into her account, just for some cashback.

CyberPsych

TF Ace
this will result into a habit of paying your cc bills and you might need to transfer some amount into her account, just for some cashback.
I am not bothered about transferring money to her, any catch?

I will use her card because my cc spending went high because of Flipkart sale on my Axis and ICICI cards. Other months, Millenia DC will work just fine for me.

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
I am not bothered about transferring money to her, any catch?

I will use her card because my cc spending went high because of Flipkart sale on my Axis and ICICI cards. Other months, Millenia DC will work just fine for me.
I am not bothered about transferring money to her, any catch? - it depend on your Balance Sheet.. and ITR..won't get too much into though.
I will use her card because my cc spending went high because of Flipkart sale on my Axis and ICICI cards. Other months, Millenia DC will work just fine for me. - you mean you would pay off your CC bill payment via her HDFC netbanking right? you can pay off. just cause of this sale.

CyberPsych

TF Ace
I am not bothered about transferring money to her, any catch? - it depend on your Balance Sheet.. and ITR..won't get too much into though.
I will use her card because my cc spending went high because of Flipkart sale on my Axis and ICICI cards. Other months, Millenia DC will work just fine for me. - you mean you would pay off your CC bill payment via her HDFC netbanking right? you can pay off. just cause of this sale.
She is in her 1st year career and not anywhere close to ITR.
Yes, for this month only. May be for few other sales next year.

frezcoop

TF Select
I tried Mobikwik, PayTM and both don't give any benefit for paying off HDFC CC Bill. I've used hdfc platinum DC & ICICI Coral debit card. Freecharge is the only one I could understand which may work. Any other way?

Last edited:

4uziaul

TF Pioneer
Contributor
Im so confused. I can use my HDFC DC to pay other bank CC bills and get 1% cashback.

Is this cashback applicable when doing it on payzapp mobile app or hdfc mobile app > pay > bill pay.

Also, i went thru all the T&C of Easyshoppe Platnium DC, i didnt find where it says we will be given 1% on CC bill payments
You could have asked this on any one of the existing threads without opening a new one. All the answers to your questions are here:

_na_cheese

TF Premier
Net banking also throwing same error.
Deleted SBI card and added as new biller using last 4 digits and mobile number. The bill amount is fetched correctly and on payment it is failing.
Same with BOB card aswell.
Same. On new ui with netbanking.

Fails on app as well as netbanking.

Have deleted and re added the Biller.

Fetches the amount but transaction fails.

bhargav.p

TF Select
Can anyone confirm freecharge 2 free transactions without convenience charges is per month/ life time??

What's the best way to pay HDFC credit card bill, mobikwik patched now freecharge too.