• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Pay Credit Card Bill Via HDFC Bill Payment Portal And Get 1% Cashback

TechnoFino

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
Are you paying your credit card bill via 3rd party app or directly from your bank portal? then you are probably losing 1% cashback.
If you pay your credit card bill via HDFC Bank bill payment portal using your HDFC Bank debit card then you can earn 1% cashback, maximum Cashback capping depends on your debit card type.
Maximum Cashback Capping-
If you have HDFC Easyshop Platinum debit card then you can earn 1% upto Rs. 750 per month, just pay Rs. 75,000 bill & get Rs. 750 cashback.
If you have HDFC Millennia debit card then you can earn 1% upto Rs. 400 per month, just pay Rs. 40,000 bill & get Rs. 400 cashback.

Not only credit card bill, you can pay any utility bill you want (must be available on Hdfc bank bill payment portal) & get 1% cashback.

To Pay Bill Follow These Steps-
1. Login to your HDFC Bank Netbaning
2. Click on "BillPay & Recharge" tab -> Click on Continue

Screenshot 2022-05-21 at 1.01.56 PM.png

3. Now click on Add Biller
4. Select Credit Card
5. Now select your card provider name

Screenshot 2022-05-21 at 1.02.48 PM.png

6. Enter your credit card detail
7. Enter amount you want to pay
8. Select your debit card from drop down menu
9. Click on pay

Screenshot 2022-05-21 at 1.03.27 PM.png

10. Enter OTP & Done!

You'll receive 1% Cashback for the transaction, you can check & redeem your debit card Cashback from "Card Tab -> Debit Card -> Enquiry -> Cashback Enquiry & Redemption"

Screenshot 2022-05-21 at 1.30.27 PM.png

CHOCOPANDA

TF Premier
Only BBPS billers can have Smartpay activated. So KOTAK & BOB you can activate Smartpay, but better to pay manually.

I haven't personally tried. So can't comment.
is there minimum bill amount required on the credit card which has smartpay. that is if i bob select credit card which i use only on any offer. so i will load money and make a bill of 3000rs. so will that will fetch me 150rs cashback

CHOCOPANDA

TF Premier
s
Even if it says , pending, you can still try for the payment ,if there is any issue it will immediately fail or else it will be successful.
I have paid so many times successfully when the status was showing pending..

Regarding ad-hoc payment, you can do for CCs for sure, I do it every time
Regarding power bills we can definitely pay after the bill was generated at that time it fetches it. before bill generated, not sure how it works, may be depends on the electricity board if it accepts payment before bill generation

Regarding automatic fetching and paying the bill , you have to enable 'smart pay ' for this.
If you enable smart pay for cc or power bills, it fetches bill after bill was generated and pays for it 4 days before the due date with an intimation about 1 day before payment.

There is nothing to confuse here..

Easy-Peasy... Haa...
will smartpay gives the 1% cashback on easyshop platinum debit card. i think it will not as money will get deducted directly from ac not by dc

insight

TF Ace
If you pay your credit card bill via HDFC Bank bill payment portal using your HDFC Bank debit card then you can earn 1% cashback, maximum Cashback capping depends on your debit card type.
Maximum Cashback Capping-
If you have HDFC Easyshop Platinum debit card then you can earn 1% upto Rs. 750 per month, just pay Rs. 75,000 bill & get Rs. 750 cashback.
If you have HDFC Millennia debit card then you can earn 1% upto Rs. 400 per month, just pay Rs. 40,000 bill & get Rs. 400 cashback.
Which account comes with which DC? I am considering opening an a/c. How much time would it take to get them up and running for this?

I used to have NRE NRO a/cs long back but closed them.