• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Pathetic Airtel Prepaid, Sim card dead

indi_vishal

TF Select
I was out of India and have Airtel Prepaid as primary number for OTP purpose. Till 7 dec sim card was working good but after that it is not getting connected to network. And when i called customer care, useless IVR tells me to change Sim card which is not possible in abroad. I returned to India few hours back and still it is not getting connected any network 2G, 3G 4G or 5G.

I want to Port out to Jio now due to this issue after getting my current airtel activated. How do i transfer my current balance and 2 months of recharge to another airtel ? or it is not possible.?

realjayt

TF Premier
I was out of India and have Airtel Prepaid as primary number for OTP purpose. Till 7 dec sim card was working good but after that it is not getting connected to network. And when i called customer care, useless IVR tells me to change Sim card which is not possible in abroad. I returned to India few hours back and still it is not getting connected any network 2G, 3G 4G or 5G.

I want to Port out to Jio now due to this issue after getting my current airtel activated. How do i transfer my current balance and 2 months of recharge to another airtel ? or it is not possible.?
I'm pretty sure they won't let you transfer the plan and you'll need to opt for a new one on Jio

indi_vishal

TF Select
I'm pretty sure they won't let you transfer the plan and you'll need to opt for a new one on Jio
yeah I will have to let it go but I want to complain this to higher authority, I was left without any banking OTP or calls while i was abroad and unable to receive any transactional sms. Even unable to recharge my another number.

coolguy1

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
eSIM is the future and try using it to avoid such scenarios in the future.

Also, once eSIM is inserted even if someone wants to steal your device, they can't because they simply can't take out the sim of your phone.
They can't turn it off if it's locked and it makes your phone steal proof.

AritraSaha

TF Legend

No balance transfer possible.. you may use chortel till it expires.
Then switch to Jio.

I recently switched to Jio & very happy with it.😁

indi_vishal

TF Select
No balance transfer possible.. you may use chortel till it expires.
Then switch to Jio.

I recently switched to Jio & very happy with it.😁
Yeah.. I have jio but not as primary..will switch it to Jio tomorrow... Airtel just messed up this time. Even jio as best and cheapest Pay as you Go International roaming calling feature..2 INR per min.. best in industry.

plastikman

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge

Convert to esim !

knight

TF Ace
Airtel service is becoming worse day by day..
There was a time when i was proud to use airtel.. not anymore.

Just this month i recharged for a 28 day pack and got 24 days validity. Even after sharing screenshots with nodal desk, they said the pack has 24 day validity.
Such idiots.

airtel SIMs have this strange illness of dying every 2-3 years. I have a doubt that they do something OTA to fry their own SIM

Not true. My airtel SIM from 2002 (2G) had to be changed physically once to migrate seamlessly to 3G/4G. Physical SIM changed to eSIM in 2022. Till then, for close to 20 years, the two airtel SIMs (2G bigger SIM and 3G/4G micro Sim) never gave any problem nor replaced.

Pankhuri

TF Ace
airtel SIMs have this strange illness of dying every 2-3 years. I have a doubt that they do something OTA to fry their own SIM
Strange, used airtel from 2011 to 2017, then changed sim for 4g and that too worked fine till I finally ported out of airtel. Family members have been using airtel since early 2000s and never heard of this complaint from them of sim dying.