• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

PAN photo update process help please

ltf4ever

TF Ace
my recent credit card application was halted because the vkyc agent said my photo in pan card doesn't match my current face. the photo on pan is quite old.

So i decided to apply for a photo change online, but the process is quite confusing. i uploaded scanned copy of my photo. some sites say I should take a print out of the form and send them offline, while some sites say I don't need to do that. official website doesn't mention anything, they just gave me a pdf of the form after I paid fees online.

any guidance appreciated.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
my recent credit card application was halted because the vkyc agent said my photo in pan card doesn't match my current face. the photo on pan is quite old.

So i decided to apply for a photo change online, but the process is quite confusing. i uploaded scanned copy of my photo. some sites say I should take a print out of the form and send them offline, while some sites say I don't need to do that. official website doesn't mention anything, they just gave me a pdf of the form after I paid fees online.

Pan card is for signature & pan number

Never heard of photo

I was child when addhar photo got clicked .
Do I look same no

I change every 6 month 😅

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Almost every bank consider like sbi, idfc, indusind. It is on the person who processing. Mostly aadhar is used as address verification so bank like sbi, indusind, idfc ask other document for identity verification.
Idfc se tab me open krne pe
Photo v. Nhi lete
Indusind me v koi problem nhi hua

ltf4ever

TF Ace
Pan card is for signature & pan number

Never heard of photo

I was child when addhar photo got clicked .
Do I look same no

I change every 6 month 😅
the back employee then called me and said that after 1st April rbi has gotten strict so they have to strictly adhere to the photo match. earlier also other banks vkyc agents has pointed out to me that I should get the photo changed, but they didn't cause any trouble and used to approve.

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
the back employee then called me and said that after 1st April rbi has gotten strict so they have to strictly adhere to the photo match. earlier also other banks vkyc agents has pointed out to me that I should get the photo changed, but they didn't cause any trouble and used to approve.
Will keep eye on this

ashwink

TF Infinite
TF Family
Sr Moderator

Which PAN NSDL or UTI ?

prc1990

TF Ace
My PAN photo was captured when I was in class 12 (no beard obviously).

Very recently I was doing VKYC (I had 2 months old beard during that time) and it was rejected as the agent felt my face doesn't match with the photo in PAN.

I did shaving and did re VKYC and voila approved. 🤣😂🤣😂🤣🦁🦁😂🤣

Ak Singh

TF Premier

You can update from nsdl website.
You should select pan update or pan correction first and after that 3 options will be shown.
1. Validate through e-kyc, leave it
2. Validate through scanned image, select this second option.
3. Offline document forwarding, leave this also.
Then here you go.

Last edited:

chandra.prakash

TF Premier

Select scanned document and esign method on nsdl website.

ltf4ever

TF Ace
You can update from nsdl website.
You should select pan update or pan correction first and after that 3 options will be shown.
1. Validate through e-kyc, leave it
2. Validate through scanned image, select this second option.
3. Offline document forwarding, leave this also.
Then here you go.
yes, I did 2nd option. so I don't need to take a printout of the filled application form and send it anywhere? thanks.

Select scanned document and esign method on nsdl website.
did that. thanks.
Very recently I was doing VKYC (I had 2 months old beard during that time) and it was rejected as the agent felt my face doesn't match with the photo in PAN.

I did shaving and did re VKYC and voila approved. 🤣😂🤣😂🤣🦁🦁😂🤣
vkyc agent was Anushka in Rab ne bana di jodi😅