• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Overall Credit Card Suggestion

vishalprasad

TF Buzz
Hello TF Family,

I have the below credit cards :
1. HDFC Club Miles - 3 lacs (LTF)
2. HDFC Neu Infinity - 3 lacs (FYF)
3. ICICI APAY - 5 lacs (LTF)
4. ICICI Sapphiro - 5 lacs (LTF)
5. Axis Flipkart - 6.7 lacs (Paid)
6. Axis Atlas - 6.7 lacs (Paid)
7. Au Zenith+ - 6.7 lacs (Paid)

My spends for a year include mostly travel, hotel, electronics, dining - mostly online, some offline and total around 4 lacs.
Could you please suggest me which card should I keep and which card should I close, because i feel 7 cards is too much for me to handle, I wish to keep max 3 cards.

Atlas after devaluation also seems a good one for me as it will give almost 7% returns (on Accor)
Zenith+ - BOGO and Domestic+international Lounge Access + Rent
Sapphiro - BOGO + Spa (Keeping it so that i can upgrade to Emeralde private metal later)
Neu infinity - UPI + Utils

Should I close HDFC club miles, ICICI Apay and Axis Flipkart?
How should I proceed further to even optimize this better?

amitr29

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hello TF Family,

I have the below credit cards :
1. HDFC Club Miles - 3 lacs (LTF)
2. HDFC Neu Infinity - 3 lacs (FYF)
3. ICICI APAY - 5 lacs (LTF)
4. ICICI Sapphiro - 5 lacs (LTF)
5. Axis Flipkart - 6.7 lacs (Paid)
6. Axis Atlas - 6.7 lacs (Paid)
7. Au Zenith+ - 6.7 lacs (Paid)

My spends for a year include mostly travel, hotel, electronics, dining - mostly online, some offline and total around 4 lacs.
Could you please suggest me which card should I keep and which card should I close, because i feel 7 cards is too much for me to handle, I wish to keep max 3 cards.

Atlas after devaluation also seems a good one for me as it will give almost 7% returns (on Accor)
Sapphiro - BOGO + Spa (Keeping it so that i can upgrade to Emeralde private metal later)

Club miles doesn't give much value. Why don't you try for upgrade to Ragalia Gold Ltf. You can let go ICICI Apay. AU Zenith benefits you are already getting with Saphiro

I will keep Saphiro, Atlas, Neu Infinity and try for Regalia Gold

vishalprasad

TF Buzz
Only if Regalia Gold LTF is that easy :( but great suggestion, the only thing i will miss is rent on zenith but i guess even that's going to be devaluated in 6 months ...

Another option is to keep Atlas, Neu Infinity and try for IDFC Wealth right?

amitr29

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Only if Regalia Gold LTF is that easy :( but great suggestion, the only thing i will miss is rent on zenith but i guess even that's going to be devaluated in 6 months ...

You didn't mention IDFC wealth earlier, you may not need it much. Your spend is not much. For your spends, you should try maximising points by using Voucher or multipliers. Amex Gold charge can also be a good option for you.

lightwaves

TF Premier

Yes, IDFC Wealth is a great card to have( remember it’s LTF). If you work at a reasonably good company, you should definitely give it a try!

helloworld

TF Legend

I'm not sure but for travel requirement (accor in your case), single card is sufficient for 4L spends to collect points and redeem (with 4L also you won't get much points but it helps).

The more cards you open to spend, the slower that redemption requirement.

2-3 cards are sufficient for 4L spends, rest makes you delay the redemption processs.

Ex: not sure how much it helps but atlas for 4L not good (8k-12k miles and 5900 redemption fee), you're getting around 4% only (that to if you spend entire 4L).

when did you redeem for accor and Edge miles in that redemption?

Last edited:

vishalprasad

TF Buzz
@helloworld The spends 4L is excluding Rents and UPI, hence Zenith+ and Neu Infinity are excluded, now only Saphhiro remains which I dont use at all as its LTF and gives me movies, dont know whether should I close that as well.

But I am not sure even Atlas can get devalued in 6 months, then I wont have such a card which can give me close to 5% rewards on all these purchases.
Thats why I thought of having either SBI Cashback or ICICI Emeralde (3% only). What other option do I have? DCB paid is too costly, Infinia is out of reach.

helloworld

TF Legend
@helloworld The spends 4L is excluding Rents and UPI, hence Zenith+ and Neu Infinity are excluded, now only Saphhiro remains which I dont use at all as its LTF and gives me movies, dont know whether should I close that as well.

But I am not sure even Atlas can get devalued in 6 months, then I wont have such a card which can give me close to 5% rewards on all these purchases.
Thats why I thought of having either SBI Cashback or ICICI Emeralde (3% only). What other option do I have? DCB paid is too costly, Infinia is out of reach.

my suggestion..

if you have relationship and long history with hdfc (club miles is old card, so assumed like that) - try to upgrade LTF regalia gold .. good one with milestone and 4L spends.

Close: Fk, Apay, Atlas (as per your convince all of them can be closed).

Alt, Fk or Apy can use regalia gold or millennia or sbi cb.

Otherwise, keep atlas and spend as much you can but no way to be certain its future.

vishalprasad

TF Buzz
thanks, will keep
Zenith+ for rent
Neu infinity - for UPIs and Utility
Atlas - for all other spends
Saphiro - backup LTF card

Apply for Regalia Gold and will use it once Atlas is devalued and then later will upgrade to DCB if smartbuy platform looks promising.