• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Opened Kotak 811 Full KYC. Will I get Credit Card offers?

suhailmz

TF Premier
Hi, I opened Kotak 811 zero balance account last week. Idea was to have a zero balance account to park some money & build a relationship value with the bank. However, I don’t see any offers for credit card in their app. Do they offer credit cards to the 811 account holders? If yes, how long after an account is opened?

Tejo

TF Legend
Should I wait for the offer? Or try to apply it through their website?

Will try to apply for hdfc later or if they give me a pre approved offer will do so.
Wait, if you apply they might ask income proof. Wait for pre-approved.

Else just use hdfc ac you will get pre-approved offer.

Cosmicgaze

TF Select
Wait, if you apply they might ask income proof. Wait for pre-approved.

Else just use hdfc ac you will get pre-approved offer.
Thanks for the reply.
They actually called me this noon, saying welcome to Kotak 811 and we have a pre approved card for you.
Though they did not offer lifetime free or zero joining fees. I think i’m ok with it will contact them later to try and see if they can.

Cosmicgaze

TF Select
Checked my cibil today. There was an enquiry by Kotak for the credit card on the same day the application was approved. Card was claimed with the account opening not a pre approved offer.
Score was 793 now 792

Last edited:

P B R G

TF Ace
Not a hard enquiry. Just soft enquiry was done just to know credit score.
Wish I knew this before opening wife's account. Didn't give consent for credit check while opening the account. Now when I click on 'Check your credit score ' it's throwing error. What are the chances of pre approved CC offer in my case?

Cosmicgaze

TF Select
Pre-qualified nahi pre approved offer chahiye. She is not earning r8 nw.
Housewives can easily get.
Either ways if you want pre approved give couple months they will start showing offers and calling.
2 months after I opened mine it showed me pre approved card even though I got the 811 unsecured card when opening the account

Ank!t

TF Buzz
Within a month of 811 account opening they offered me LTF credit and debit cards. To be specific I haven't given consent during account opening as I was not interested in using their cards. Even then they are spamming me daily. Daily 4-5 calls, 4 emails and 3 SMS are their daily routine for me.

Tejo

TF Legend
Within a month of 811 account opening they offered me LTF credit and debit cards. To be specific I haven't given consent during account opening as I was not interested in using their cards. Even then they are spamming me daily. Daily 4-5 calls, 4 emails and 3 SMS are their daily routine for me.
ltf dc on 811?

Cosmicgaze

TF Select
Yea they keep calling, first pushing their debit card. I politely declined saying I do mostly online transactions. They said but sir you need debit card for transactions, she kept trying to push it. From her way of talking I could tell that she was new and trying to meet targets or something I gave in and said ok.
Then next week calling for cheque book again some new sounding guy. Declined barely use cheques these days.
And now calling for taking some health card, asked them to provide the brochure and benefits but they say you cannot find this. This is only offered to our special customers. I said fine I will think over it later and call back if I want so they say no only through us marketing team you can get it. I said will see later.
Called again I said not interested tried pushing again I said nope already have. And they said thanks and did not call again.

AritraSaha

TF Legend
Yea they keep calling, first pushing their debit card. I politely declined saying I do mostly online transactions. They said but sir you need debit card for transactions, she kept trying to push it. From her way of talking I could tell that she was new and trying to meet targets or something I gave in and said ok.
Then next week calling for cheque book again some new sounding guy. Declined barely use cheques these days.
And now calling for taking some health card, asked them to provide the brochure and benefits but they say you cannot find this. This is only offered to our special customers. I said fine I will think over it later and call back if I want so they say no only through us marketing team you can get it. I said will see later.
Called again I said not interested tried pushing again I said nope already have. And they said thanks and did not call again.
Why did you say yes for the Debit card,

The virtual dc is automatically provided to the customer..

Only physical card they need your permission.. as it's have a fee ₹299.

Don't trust those agent over call.. they can lie to you for completing their targets..

Cosmicgaze

TF Select
Why did you say yes for the Debit card,

The virtual dc is automatically provided to the customer..

Only physical card they need your permission.. as it's have a fee ₹299.

Don't trust those agent over call.. they can lie to you for completing their targets..
Yes I was reluctant to take it. But then now I actually use it mostly for cash withdrawals 😂. The card is meh. HDFC gives a much better one for free. Withdrawal ad retail limit is very less tho. A week after getting they were pushing some upgraded card.
All in all i’m not really enjoying the kotak banking experience much. It’s fine but the netbanking app is most of the times down. Think I will just park emergency funds in it. Keep hdfc as my main.

AritraSaha

TF Legend
Yes I was reluctant to take it. But then now I actually use it mostly for cash withdrawals 😂. The card is meh. HDFC gives a much better one for free. Withdrawal ad retail limit is very less tho. A week after getting they were pushing some upgraded card.
All in all i’m not really enjoying the kotak banking experience much. It’s fine but the netbanking app is most of the times down. Think I will just park emergency funds in it. Keep hdfc as my main.
I also called me after the account opening... I just scared them...
I got no calls after that... Best banking experience... In my case😎

unusedbrain1

TF Premier
When I was trying to open kotak 811, instantly they showed up you're eligible for 811 Unsecured CC but since it is useless card (paid), I skipped that offer. So kotak usually gives CC to its account holders. Wait for 3 months.
me holding 811 account yet ..no luck for unsecured. giving secured one & calling it pre aroved.fuckng hell 😁