• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

OneCard (SBM) FD closed, but card active

krishg

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I have OneCard metal (SBM secured by FD) for more than 1 year. Now since that is not much of use to me as the occasional offers are already covered by other credit cards, I thought of closing it to unblock my 1 lac FD with less interest rate (since FD is for 1 year always by them, user has no option to change). But instead of reaching support to close it, I thought of doing some experiment. As my purpose was to release the FD with not so famous SBM, but not much of closing the card, I logged in to SBM netbanking and closed the FD. But OneCard is still active or did not receive any notification either it will be closed. Well, at least in app, I did not try any transaction in case they are silently in process of closing it. Wondering if it would get closed automatically after billing cycle or would they silently convert it to unsecured one? ;)

sudhirsiddhi

TF Select
I have OneCard metal (SBM secured by FD) for more than 1 year. Now since that is not much of use to me as the occasional offers are already covered by other credit cards, I thought of closing it to unblock my 1 lac FD with less interest rate (since FD is for 1 year always by them, user has no option to change). But instead of reaching support to close it, I thought of doing some experiment. As my purpose was to release the FD with not so famous SBM, but not much of closing the card, I logged in to SBM netbanking and closed the FD. But OneCard is still active or did not receive any notification either it will be closed. Well, at least in app, I did not try any transaction in case they are silently in process of closing it. Wondering if it would get closed automatically after billing cycle or would they silently convert it to unsecured one? ;)
Now you have try any transaction Please reply me

shubhamosy

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I got my cust id from "Your SBM Bank Fixed Deposit Receipt" Email.

when i tried to close FD i got error: The withdrawal amount exceeds the difference between the principal and lien amount.~Tag - withdrwlAmt

Last edited:

ray8285

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
How long does One card take to process closure request ? Also in how many days do they credit the FD back to the bank account ? Raised a request to close my Mom's card & the app is showing 3-5 days, but Cust care is telling 7-10 days. Any idea how many days till we can get her FD credited back to her bank ? The request to close the card was raised yesterday !

RajS

TF Select
One week max
How long does One card take to process closure request ? Also in how many days do they credit the FD back to the bank account ? Raised a request to close my Mom's card & the app is showing 3-5 days, but Cust care is telling 7-10 days. Any idea how many days till we can get her FD credited back to her bank ? The request to close the card was raised yesterday !
One week max. The amount will credit

sac

TF Buzz
Have anyone tried the same with Federal bank one card? I have got one card from Federal bank with 50k fd. Any way to get this card from secured to unsecured?

krishg

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
By the way, thought of giving update, even after several months my card is still active and do occasional transactions.