• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

OneCard devaluation from 15th December onward - No Reward On Fuel

RishiKiDev

TF Ace
In the current season of credit card devaluations, OneCard has been hit by devaluation.
Just now received an email.
No more rewards on Fuel. But still they're giving fuel surcharge waiver.

Very much dissappointed. Was using it every month for Fuel purchases.

Attachments

• IMG_20231113_164737.jpg
    IMG_20231113_164737.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 338

wapenshaw

TF Select
Basically, the system is like this.

If a IOC petrol bunk is using a POS machine issued by HDFC, and you use HDFC card(s), depending on the type of card and the facility given to you by HDFC, they will return the surcharge (with GST) - with or without reimbursement limits. Returning the GST is subjective on some cards. However, if the IOC petrol bunk using HDFC's POS machine, and you use Citi Bank card - even if it is an Indian Oil co-branded, Citi will NOT return the surcharge (so returning the GST does not arise at all).

I fought vehemently with Citi and SBI on this count. It looks stupid paying surcharge (and GST on that) despite using a IOC co-branded card, in a IOC exclusive petrol bunk, to buy only IOC products. The silliest excuse I got from Citi/Axis/HDFC/SBI - over a period of 2 years of fighting - is that EVEN THE POS MACHINE MUST BE THEIR OWN to get surcharge waiver. No where it is mentioned like that. But, by saying so, they are saving a lot of money by denying the benefit to us. How can I - as a CC holder - has any control over what type of POS the bunk uses ?

So, in protest, I returned those co-branded cards and using wallets, till 1Card came along. 1Card returns all surcharges, and even the GST, down to the last paisa. Since then, all my fuel bills are logged only on 1Card.
are you sure about Citibank? because I get full surcharge waiver off including GST on Indian Oil petrol bunks. I just verified last two times I got it too.
This was for 4000 spend and the next some 3715 fill
1708179119126.png 1708179211804.png
---

But anyway the reason I came here is because what does this mean?
1708179364885.png

Do you get 1% upto 50 back over and above fuel surcharge waiver?