• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

one way Delhi to Bangkok using reward points Economy on 20th May

faltooAdmi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hey What would be the lowest fare using rewards points from Delhi to Bangkok?
I am getting 16k Cv points + 1600 taxes Vistara
Do we have some more option would love to know your suggestions.
Many a times we get return fare from Del-Bkk in around 16-18k. So does it make sense to spend 16k miles + 1600Rs just for 1 way economy ticket ?

NeerajNegi

TF Premier
Many a times we get return fare from Del-Bkk in around 16-18k. So does it make sense to spend 16k miles + 1600Rs just for 1 way economy ticket ?
delhi to bkk ? in 16k? which flight man ?
Don't say holololo air ? or vietjar flight

When we book with points we are more concerned about maximizing the points and onboarding to a good flight.
A vistara direct flight delhi to bkk can range 13-15K INR one way.

NeerajNegi

TF Premier
People had really bad experiences in Indigo Vietjar, They are a low-cost airline but the hospitality is the similar to the money you have paid.
Indigo and other few low cost airline runs indirect flight or even air Asia, Vistara is far far better than all the airlines currently running in India

faltooAdmi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
People had really bad experiences in Indigo Vietjar, They are a low-cost airline but the hospitality is the similar to the money you have paid.
Indigo and other few low cost airline runs indirect flight or even air Asia, Vistara is far far better than all the airlines currently running in India
Yes definitely Vistara is much better compared to low cost carriers.
I was talking about Indigo, airAsia, GoFirst sort of flights

faltooAdmi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
This is from bengaluru-bangkok (roundtrip) in almost 18k with airIndia and 15k with AirAsia.
Screenshot 2023-05-25 at 5.28.28 PM.png
What I simply meant was sometimes we can get revenue ticket also in reasonable prices on some routes. So its better to utilise miles on those routes which are high prices routes using revenue.

NeerajNegi

TF Premier
This is from bengaluru-bangkok (roundtrip) in almost 18k with airIndia and 15k with AirAsia.
Screenshot 2023-05-25 at 5.28.28 PM.png
What I simply meant was sometimes we can get revenue ticket also in reasonable prices on some routes. So its better to utilise miles on those routes which are high prices routes using revenue.
Absolutely I can agree on some points, If anyone prefers to go with these airlines surely can go ahead, I had experience in all flights , Air India seating sukc man. Indigo and other airline customer support sucks just like there service.

But if you don't care much about the flight experience and more into the destination everything is good to go.
Also I had a made a rule to spent only my miles even if I get a lower rate. because if we spent our own money then there is no benefit. We always keep thinking to use it for any other trip and that trip won't come.

Just check Vistara Indigo and air India leg space and interior.

Also earning Vistara miles is easy. 25000 every month from Magnus , can do *0.8 Cv points

NeerajNegi

TF Premier
I just checked for AirIndia also. Getting return flight in almost 19k.
Though we may have to be flexible with dates a bit.

Screenshot 2023-05-25 at 4.18.12 PM.png
These flights itinerary are after round trip there are some people who will go to Thailand oneway and then go to other places

Also bro try to always book from the airline itself, There are lots of bad experiences using 3rd party when it comes to rescheduling and cancellation.

faltooAdmi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Absolutely I can agree on some points, If anyone prefers to go with these airlines surely can go ahead, I had experience in all flights , Air India seating sukc man. Indigo and other airline customer support sucks just like there service.

But if you don't care much about the flight experience and more into the destination everything is good to go.
Also I had a made a rule to spent only my miles even if I get a lower rate. because if we spent our own money then there is no benefit. We always keep thinking to use it for any other trip and that trip won't come.

Just check Vistara Indigo and air India leg space and interior.

Also earning Vistara miles is easy. 25000 every month from Magnus , can do *0.8 Cv points
Don't have a magnus yet, maybe I will start changing my rationale when I get one :)

But agree to your point regarding not to wait for next trip which may never happen. So better utilise the opportunity when it presents

pate

TF Select
BOM-BKK showing 23K miles for return flight on vistara via JAL for 1 PAX.. but there's 60 days cooling period for new JAL accounts. not sure how much the tax is maybe someone with old JAL account can check

pate

TF Select
BOM-BKK showing 23K miles for return flight on vistara via JAL for 1 PAX.. but there's 60 days cooling period for new JAL accounts. not sure how much the tax is maybe someone with old JAL account can check
Also you can add a leg for free

NeerajNegi

TF Premier
One way premium economy?
Earlier 16k miles that you were mentioning would be for economy then.
yes my japan visa got stuck in vfs and passport too so changed everything all the flight itinerary and rebooked new premium economy as there was no availability for economy

NeerajNegi

TF Premier
Tax is high then this and also cooling period