• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

One card useing misleading and tricky Banners on OneScore App

Enthusiastic

TF Premier
1 month before I saw banner of approved limit is 5k but when I complete my application They saying you are approved for FD card With 5k limit ( but even allow me to to do FD with 50k too).

Now, Today I saw banner eho state I am approved for 2k FD but when In actual I go further to order Card, App asking to do minimum FD of 5k. (What??)

Should I complained about them with Ombudsman and Advertising Standards Council of India (ASCI)?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230219-091425_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230219-091425_Gallery.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 103
  • Screenshot_20230219-085838_OneScore.jpg
    Screenshot_20230219-085838_OneScore.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 100

Enthusiastic

TF Premier
They are truly very misleading. They daily send me messages to take OneCard, your application is approved. And when I login, they say your offer is expired.
We should Complaint about them to ombudsman. Let's wait for more 1 or 2 days to hear from Other members too, then we all member will register Complaint about them on same day to get satisfied Reply.

Rahul92

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Yes, I don't wann FD card at least With OneCard. 2k limit me kya hi loot lenge 😅.
(Shuru hote hi khatam ho jata hai limit)
2k limit is not the matter here. You can even take 50K FD card with them. No one is stopping you.

But ,

If and when you take their FD card , they will never give you their unsecured card.

Ad.Astra

TF Premier
1 month before I saw banner of approved limit is 5k but when I complete my application They saying you are approved for FD card With 5k limit ( but even allow me to to do FD with 50k too).

Now, Today I saw banner eho state I am approved for 2k FD but when In actual I go further to order Card, App asking to do minimum FD of 5k. (What??)

Should I complained about them with Ombudsman and Advertising Standards Council of India (ASCI)?
Yeah, OneCard ads are misleading nowadays.

I would say unless this is your first ever credit card, don't bother to take the FD backed card.

When I first started credit card journey, it was my first card, but since then I have multiple unsecured cards from other banks, which offer better reward / cashback.

My FD with them will mature soon, after that, I am closing the FD and OneCard account.

Enthusiastic

TF Premier
Yeah, OneCard ads are misleading nowadays.

I would say unless this is your first ever credit card, don't bother to take the FD backed card.

When I first started credit card journey, it was my first card, but since then I have multiple unsecured cards from other banks, which offer better reward / cashback.

My FD with them will mature soon, after that, I am closing the FD and OneCard account.
I am even not started credit journey, 2 days ago I have applied for Axis My Zone credit card witg fathers name, after that I will upgrade it with Airtel Axis CC. After that I will apply for SBI cashback or HDFC Mellennia. Just 2 are enough for me. Most of use are for small bill payments and Rarely for online shopping.

Based on my 6 or 7 emails n 3 or 4 calls to 1Card, my understanding is :

1. Only in a handful cities, they issue UNsecured cards.

2. In other 50+ towns, they issue Sevured cards. Depending upon your PIN Code, the concerned issuing bank will be willing to give you a FD-backed card.

3. For some banks, the starting point for such Secured/FD-backed cards is Rs 2000/- while for others, it is Rs 5000/- - depends upon their branch category n the PIN Code.

4. Despite my best efforts - over a dozen attempts - they are not forthcoming on many of their policies - still so many Grey areas.