• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Not even 1% of ITRs being processed by Income Tax dept

dineshweb

TF Buzz
I have filed ITR on 30th May with refund , but again re-filed on jul 1st this time with no refund, since i've missed adding my dividends and my savings bank Interest , now my first filed ITR got processed on friday 28th jul and got refund on the same day but re-filed ITR is still in processing.

Now since I got the refund , which was not suppose to come if my re-filed got processed, do I have to payback that refund amount now/next month itself or can i pay that in my next year ITR filing ?.

I have filed ITR on 30th May with refund , but again re-filed on jul 1st this time with no refund, since i've missed adding my dividends and my savings bank Interest , now my first filed ITR got processed on friday 28th jul and got refund on the same day but re-filed ITR is still in processing.

Now since I got the refund , which was not suppose to come if my re-filed got processed, do I have to payback that refund amount now/next month itself or can i pay that in my next year ITR filing ?.
Once your revised return got processed they are going to raise demand for the tax. You can pay then.

credit_debit

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

They will send you demand notice after processing your revised return and will give you some time to pay the amount (Usually week to max 1 month).

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge

after processing, they will cone with demand notice, all the details will be there. You will need to pay with interest if applicable within the period specified in the demand notice, usually end of that month

ALOAK

TF Ace
after processing, they will cone with demand notice, all the details will be there. You will need to pay with interest if applicable within the period specified in the demand notice, usually end of that month
Of course u need to pay it back.

dineshweb

TF Buzz
They will send you demand notice after processing your revised return and will give you some time to pay the amount (Usually week to max 1 month).
Okie thanks will wait and check, same happened with my friend, his refiled also got processed and said no refund due may be need to check after a week as you said for any notice from their end.