• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

New Rupay Regalia

oksomu

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I went to the bank yesterday to apply for a new regalia card via c2c. I asked for the rupay version. He said there were only visa or master card. I insisted that some people I know have a rupay version of the card. He said he'd check, but he was not convincing enough that it gave me no confidence that I'll get the rupay version. While searching the forum, people have only converted their visa regalia to rupay. Is it only possible to convert it, or are there instances where people can get a new rupay regalia card itself?

Chimera-san

TF Select
I went to the bank yesterday to apply for a new regalia card via c2c. I asked for the rupay version. He said there were only visa or master card. I insisted that some people I know have a rupay version of the card. He said he'd check, but he was not convincing enough that it gave me no confidence that I'll get the rupay version. While searching the forum, people have only converted their visa regalia to rupay. Is it only possible to convert it, or are there instances where people can get a new rupay regalia card itself?
After you get the card, just email to grievance.redressalcc@hdfcbank.com and request for a variant change to Rupay. They will change it and send the new card within a week or two.

gabu

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
You could have written on top of application itself rupay version requested.
They usually follow the instructions written on application.

satyamkaushik

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
seeing this method suggested in this forum in multiple threads, I did the same last week

yesterday got the mail that RuPay card issuance is not feasible currently
Try routing it through your RM if possible. I had done the same in the past for getting the Infinia converted from MC world to VISA Infinite.

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
seeing this method suggested in this forum in multiple threads, I did the same last week

HDFC Bank has now reduced the process of issuing RuPay Regalia Credit Card because recently lots of users send email for RuPay Regalia conversion and use for UPI payment.

Some users also got reply from HDFC bank - HDFC Bank has now put on hold the issuance of RuPay Regalia Credit Cards for the next few months.

But 2-3 days ago only one person got RuPay Regalia and other users request rejected by HDFC bank.

Sometimes HDFC bank investigate your account and then HDFC conversion your card to RuPay Regalia.

raghavx

TF Select
Which one is better though? Regalia with Visa or Mastercard?

Anarchronox

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Customer care informed that the following conversion request can be placed via phone:

Master Card —> Visa, Diners
Visa —> Rupay

So, I am going from MC —> Visa —> Rupay.

There are no charges for conversion, it the card number will change.

Last edited:

satyamkaushik

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I could only find Thrive and BMS
I have seen the offers on VISA are better in comparison to MC overall. Specially at certain online portals abroad like Momomdo, Mytrip, etc. Then while traveling abroad I have gotten more discounts while making payment through a VISA card.

Last edited:

NOOBY

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Apart f

I have seen the offers on VISA are better in comparison to MC overall. Specially at certain online portals abroad like Momomdo, Mytrip, etc. Then while traveling abroad I have gotten more discounts while making payment through a VISA card.
Thanks, even I have MC World Infinia.....
Was thinking whether to change it to VISA only due to Thrive and BMS or is there anything else too

NOOBY

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Mastercard is useless card, Dnt use.

I will recommended RuPay but Infinia is not available on RuPay. Conversion to Visa card

Visa card also give lots of other types of offer for Visa Infinite customers.

@satyamkaushik
I know your hatred towards MC :p and can understand it too

the card is just 6 month old, will check with RM if they can change it to VISA (as that would also require changing 3 add-on cards too)

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer

Just an update - Today another person got RuPay Regalia (LTF) via call.

He conversion Millennia to RuPay Regalia (LTF) but customer support conversion from Millennia >> Mastercard Regalia (LTF) >> Visa Regalia (LTF) >> RuPay Regalia (LTF).

He told me - yesterday call customer care and the guy was so humble and gentlemen who take request in 5 second.

@oksomu
@krishc

Last edited: