• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

NEW Fraud Alert

DISHANT

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Hi Members
For the first time I became a victim of cyber fraud. For the last 20 days I have been receiving otps for different login but as usual never shared. Complained about all the platforms possible for otps i received including Simpl Account. Today I received a call from +919856236522 that someone tried to change my simpl registered mobile no and if you are not doing and stop this change please update otp you received. I was driving. I thought that the hacker would try to update contact and I immediately pressed the otp and boom he got accessed. It's completely my mistake I admit but this thread is for someone else who didn't face the same.It took 10 minutes to block my account as they dont have any customer care no. That's why I recently closed my lazypay account which has a whooping 500000 limit.

Attachments

• contact.jpeg
    contact.jpeg
    67.8 KB · Views: 89
  • transactions.jpeg
    transactions.jpeg
    76.8 KB · Views: 90

TheMentalist

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hi Members
For the first time I became a victim of cyber fraud. For the last 20 days I have been receiving otps for different login but as usual never shared. Complained about all the platforms possible for otps i received including Simpl Account. Today I received a call from +919856236522 that someone tried to change my simpl registered mobile no and if you are not doing and stop this change please update otp you received. I was driving. I thought that the hacker would try to update contact and I immediately pressed the otp and boom he got accessed. It's completely my mistake I admit but this thread is for someone else who didn't face the same.It took 10 minutes to block my account as they dont have any customer care no. That's why I recently closed my lazypay account which has a whooping 500000 limit.
So you gave OTP to the person who called you??
Have you reported this incident on CyberCrime Portal/Helpline yet??

aayusharyan

TF Ace
Hi Members
So you clicked on link and the attacker got access?

Strange

TF Legend
Hi Members
Did they reverse 1999 transaction?