• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

New Design of FASTag with UPI QR Code coming soon

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
New Design of FASTag with UPI QR Code coming soon:
fastag.jpg

NPCI and IHMCL have been working towards creating a seamless customer experience for NETC FASTag users. In line with the same objective, the UPI QR Code is incorporated in the new design of FASTag, which the users can scan and recharge their linked NETC FASTag using any UPI app. Member banks and Empaneled Tag Manufacturers are requested to take note of the ‘Tag Marks and Specs Document Version 1.2’ for all the necessary details and make the relevant changes accordingly.

For implementation of the same, the respective stakeholders must comply with the below mentioned roles and responsibilities.

• Issuer banks shall provide Tag ID based personalized QR Code generation string/URL to the Empanelled Tag Manufacturers along with the EPC data file for NETC FASTag manufacturing purpose.

• Issuer banks shall incorporate a UPI QR Code Generator functionality on their respective websites/apps, from where users can generate and download/print their NETC FASTag linked UPI QR Code as image for NETC FASTag recharge purposes. Issuer Banks shall enable the NETC FASTag linked UPI QR Code Generator functionality latest by 15th February 2024.

• Issuer Banks shall stop the delivery/distribution of old design NETC FASTag after depletion of their existing stock as per the data provided by them. Issuer Banks must also ensure that no new order must be placed with old design NETC FASTag.

• Issuer Banks shall run awareness/marketing campaign in order to push the market penetration of the New Design NETC FASTag.

• Issuer Banks shall make available the New Design NETC FASTag with UPI QR Code to the existing customer if customer asks for replacement of their old NETC FASTag.

• Issuer Banks to ensure that their empanelled tag manufacturers shall use the Tag ID based personalized string/URL provided by Issuer Banks to generate the NETC FASTag linked UPI QR Code and adhere with ‘Tag Marks and Specs Document Version 1.2’ for the manufacturing of NETC FASTag.

• Issuer Banks to ensure that their empanelled tag manufacturers shall terminate the manufacturing of NETC FASTag with old design and manufacture only the New Design NETC FASTags in adherence with the ‘Tag Marks and Specs Document Version 1.2’, from 31st January 2024.

With the release of this circular, Issuer Banks and Tag Manufacturers shall use the New Design of NETC FASTag for all manufacturing purposes, thereby terminating the use of old design for any manufacturing needs from 31st January 2024. Further, any new tag manufactured after this timeline shall adhere to the New Design norms (Refer Tag Marks and Specs Document Version 1.2).

Source: https://www.npci.org.in/PDF/netc/circular/2023/Circular-NPCI-2023-24-NETC-002.pdf

Circular Design & Drawing of Fastag with UPI QR-Code: https://ihmcl.co.in/wp-content/uploads/2023/12/Circular-Design-Drawing-of-Fastag-with-QR-Code.pdf

arun4455

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
A good move.. recharging hdfc fastag use to take a lots of time for me.. everytime logging their slow responsive portal.. finally have to shift to paytm for recharge. It would be easy life for lot of people.

1. How to take money out of Paytm wallet?
2. Pls suggest alternate Best Fast Tag.
1. Transfer the money from Paytm Wallet to Paytm Bank then you can use UPI to send to any other bank account

2. My friends have suggested to me Federal Bank Fastag whenever I complain about Airtel Fastag

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
1. Transfer the money from Paytm Wallet to Paytm Bank then you can use UPI to send to any other bank account

2. My friends have suggested to me Federal Bank Fastag whenever I complain about Airtel Fastag
ICICI and IDFC bank fastag also use for Fuel payment. 1000 times better than federal bank fastag.

You can recharge these fastag from park+ app at 10% discount offers on Onecard and sometimes other bank offers and use for Fuel payment.

@sasha