• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Never buy LG AC's::: My headache with LG AC

rounakr94

TF Buzz
I always was under the blindfold of good customer service by LG but that blindfold has now been removed.
I had bought a LG Dual Inverter Model JS-Q18SUXD.AMLG in 2017 that had and still has exceptional cooling and can cool my 12*13*10 ft east facing room with ease. After a few years our old non inverter Hitachi AC of 10 years died and we replaced it with a LG Dual Inverter KS-Q18HNZD.ANLG in 2020 and have been facing cooling issues in peak summer noon time since buying. Called LG multiple times and they clean with jet spray, checked the refrigerant and there are no leaks. As per their DSC (Direct Service Center) it's a known operational model for the new ocean black 1.5 Ton 5star Dual inverter AC's that they would bring down the temperatures by 12-14C below outside sensor temperature. This seems like a bullcrap reason to me. The room is also same size as my room

So I will suggest all prospective AC buyers to stay the hell away from LG and buy better brands like Daikin, Hitachi, Carrier, Mitsubishi etc. LG only has good aftersales but not good quality anymore.

I have logged another breakdown call as I am under their AMC contract, if they can solve it this time then good or else will resort to consumer complaint redressal at INGRAM.

Dexter

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Sad to hear your story bro. AMC is a scam anyway in most of the companies. Try to post on twitter tagging their md/ official handle. Ingram is good for resolution, however, it is not legally binding.

One of my LG AC running since 14 years.

anonymuos

TF Ace
I've heard bad stories of Daikin also. Which are the good brands left then? Currently I've all old ACs on Hitachi but none of inverter compressor.

bvc19296

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I usually prefer brands which are sold by my friend who takes care of after sales service.

My office and my home is fitted with Toshiba Split 1.5 Ton and 2 Tons. There are around 7 in total, I am totally satisfied with the quality and service(Using from 6 years). I also have O General which is also a work horse.

Collector_sahab

TF Premier
I have a Samsung 1.5T 5Star from 2021. Believe me, never had a service or cleaning. Still cools like day 1. 29° is chilling for 2 people in a 10/13 ft room. I live in a state where ambient temp goes 42° on avg now. Must say, Samsung in underrated. The ISEER rating is among the highest on a 5000W max cooling capacity AC also. It's just 744 units. LG has reduced the max cooling capacity of 1.5T AC to 4400W in 2024.

rounakr94

TF Buzz
Sad to hear your story bro. AMC is a scam anyway in most of the companies. Try to post on twitter tagging their md/ official handle. Ingram is good for resolution, however, it is not legally binding.

One of my LG AC running since 14 years.
AMC really helps for AC's that can cool properly as running them for nearly 12 hours a day clogs up the fins with sludge quickly and LG service ₹₹₹ racks up quickly for 4 washes every 3 months apart. Plus any PCB damage or leaks is LG's headache. Like my 2017 model PCB got damaged and was replaced under warranty aling with the display module which would have costed me a whooping 7k.

But for the new AC the AMC was a waste as it can't even cool properly and after googling I found that many faced the same issue.

rounakr94

TF Buzz
I usually prefer brands which are sold by my friend who takes care of after sales service.

My office and my home is fitted with Toshiba Split 1.5 Ton and 2 Tons. There are around 7 in total, I am totally satisfied with the quality and service(Using from 6 years). I also have O General which is also a work horse.
Unfortunately that's not the case for everyone and we have to rely on the brand for the service.
LG doesn't have the same quality it used to have pre-covid in 2017-2018.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Unfortunately that's not the case for everyone and we have to rely on the brand for the service.
LG doesn't have the same quality it used to have pre-covid in 2017-2018.
This is 100 % correct.
My brother has a 15 year old LG AC, still works great with almost no sound and with a great cooling efficiency and solid build.
I have a recent model which has just a very delicate built with very less effective cooling and sounds a lot...
Generally speaking, most of the machines of all brands are going down the hill, quality wise, and LG is leading the slide...

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Now the situation is completely dependent on luck... It is like hit and miss... for any brand... If we get a good piece means it is purely luck..
if you try again the same brand next time, it could be a dud from the beginning..
Very sorry state of affairs.. Loyalty, trust, belief, quality everything gone out of the window...
all we see is, greed every where, no values and no standards.. in any field...

rounakr94

TF Buzz
This is 100 % correct.
My brother has a 15 year old LG AC, stil works great with almost no sound and with a great cooling efficiency and solid build.
I have a recent model which has just a very delicate built with very less effective cooling and sounds a lot...
Generally speaking, most of the machines of all brands are going down the hill quality wise, and LG is leading the slide...
Their first generation Dual Inverter AC's from 2017-18 were pretty powerful and efficient but now they worked so hard making the AC's efficient that they forgot that the AC's main job is cooling the room and not cooking it in peak summer when outside temps are 42C like in my case.

I am still hopeful that it's a defective compressor or low gas from factory itself as I had the issue of low cooling in day and good cooling at night from start. Plus I am not in a mood to spend another 50k on a new AC as quality control will be horrendous now as they will have to churn out more AC's from the factory because of peak season and demand.

Reactions: SSV
I have a Samsung 1.5T 5Star from 2021. Believe me, never had a service or cleaning. Still cools like day 1. 29° is chilling for 2 people in a 10/13 ft room. I live in a state where ambient temp goes 42° on avg now. Must say, Samsung in underrated. The ISEER rating is among the highest on a 5000W max cooling capacity AC also. It's just 744 units. LG has reduced the max cooling capacity of 1.5T AC to 4400W in 2024.
I have become so habituated to air conditioning that 29 degrees is practically unbearable for me now. 25 is the bare maximum I can tolerate on my AC.

financewizard

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
LG sends sales person instead of Technicians for service.

I have a old LG Split AC (15+ yr old). For close to 10+ years it worked smoothly. I just used to do regular cleaning and kept the external unit in shade. 5 yrs back I had to shift my house and called in LG for removing and reinstalling.

After reinstalling, it did not work property and cooling was low. Every 2 - 3 months I had to refill gas. The technicians were saying that AC is weak and can't sustain longer. They said that leak might happen anywhere and it would cost 5-8 k for fixing it. They suggested to buy new AC. All these happened over 5-6 visits and each time different person came, but were saying the same script. I was almost prepared to change the AC.

Anyways I wanted to try some else one last time. I called a local mechanic - who was very old and was doing fridge / AC service for 25+ years. He examined the AC and said that AC is in very good condition and said that the build quality of those old LG AC is better than today's ACs. He also explained on how the gas filling valve was not closed tightly by the previous mechanics that had led to gas leak. Then he also noticed that the thread of the valve was manually damaged at some point in time.

He just changed that valve and it's more than 4 years. Till now the AC is working fine without any issues.

Had I listened to LG frauds, I would have, discarded this good AC and got a new garbage. My friend who got LG inverter AC 4 yrs ago recently dumped his AC due to cooling issue and PCB issue.

So stay away from the new LG ACs and LG service.