• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Need suggestion on amex card to apply for?

dungeonMaster

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Looking to apply for 1st amex card. Which card should I opt for?

Plat Travel - Interested in this as this offers most MR points in a year. But got rejected in mid december.

MRCC - Good card, low fees compared to others and good rewards.

Plat reserve - Not so much rewarding, but current offer is going where getting 1500 amazon gv + almost 15k MR points on joining. Can later close and switch to MRCC.

My queries -
Will MR points be merged for separate cards in a single account or separate account will be there? I read somewhere there's a trick for that. Is it so?

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge

Plat Travel - Interested in this as this offers most MR points in a year. But got rejected in mid december.

Plat reserve - Not so much rewarding, but current offer is going where getting 1500 amazon gv + almost 15k MR points on joining. Can later close and switch to MRCC.

My queries -
Will MR points be merged for separate cards in a single account or separate account will be there? I read somewhere there's a trick for that. Is it so?
how much do you spend and do you travel a lot.. if u can meet plat travel milestone then its a great card.. else mrcc for nominal spends

ashwinsid

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I want to apply for amex card can some agent help me in getting the card
You can click on the link below (my signature) and apply for the card you want.

To begin with,it is ideal to go with Membership Rewards Credit card where you can earn Amex points with fixed transactions. If you are sure you will have atleast 4 lakh Rs. worth spending on credit card in a year, then go with Platinum Travel card where you will get crazy returns of Amex points+ Taj voucher + lounge access. All of these cards and their features and referral offers are in the link below.

Last edited:

Riya

TF Ace

My queries -
MRCC Card with closed eyes....
Decent returns with as low as 6k monthly spends and FYF + bonus reward points if you use my referral code 🤣🤣

codenerd

TF Ace
Yes , for all GV s you get
5X for gold,
3X for plat travel
2x for MRCC
So if I buy 1000rs amazon voucher using Smart Earn which is a 5x partner of amazon if the card is used directly on amazon
VS
Using the Smart Earn card to buy 1000 voucher on gyftr which gives 2x.
Am I right to assume that in this particular case Smart Earn is best used when used directly on Amazon instead of buying amazon voucher from Gyftr?

Reactions: SSV

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
So if I buy 1000rs amazon voucher using Smart Earn which is a 5x partner of amazon if the card is used directly on amazon
VS
Am I right to assume that in this particular case Smart Earn is best used when used directly on Amazon instead of buying amazon voucher from Gyftr?
correct . . usage of SE on AMZN has some restrictions ..ig...
@varun__goel_ ... will help regarding SE

varun__goel_

TF Legend
VS
Yes 5x MRs on buying directly from Amazon
NRR - 2.5%