• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Need suggestion of card which has low forex markup with lounge offer internationally plus with good rewards.

Jameson

TF Buzz
So i am an nre i work on cruise ship i want a card which has low forex markup with lounge offer internationally plus with good rewards i have finazlize bob eterna card and sbi elite card . What are your suggestions. Thank you

kkk

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
So i am an nre i work on cruise ship i want a card which has low forex markup with lounge offer internationally plus with good rewards i have finazlize bob eterna card and sbi elite card . What are your suggestions. Thank you
Bob Eterna doesn't have international lounge access.

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Both low forex charge and good rewards plus lounge access is axis Magnus , hdfc infinia and DCB all having forex of 2%

Reserve also has markup of 2% but gets your 2x accelerated ER on international spends

Most underrated international card is RBL world safari card with 0 forex , PP with 2 complementary visit, can be 3 if used 50k in last quarter , but no rewards on international spend

Then we have indus Ind legend with 1.8% forex markup but no complementary international lounge

Idfc wealth card I think with 1.5% markup and decent lounge access
Yes bank first exclusive with 1.75% markup and 6 free visit

Just for your info eterna has 0 international lounge access , it gives unlimited lounge access in domestic

kkk

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Both low forex charge and good rewards plus lounge access is axis Magnus , hdfc infinia and DCB all having forex of 2%

Reserve also has markup of 2% but gets your 2x accelerated ER on international spends

Most underrated international card is RBL world safari card with 0 forex , PP with 2 complementary visit, can be 3 if used 50k in last quarter , but no rewards on international spend

Then we have indus Ind legend with 1.8% forex markup but no complementary international lounge

Just for your info eterna has 0 international lounge access , it gives unlimited lounge access in domestic
Reserve has 1.5% marckup fee.

bengaltiger

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
HDFC regalia. Yearly quata.

Then axis Magnus or HDFC infinia. Unlimited. Top line for lounge access.

As said before, RBL world safari. Zero fee.

0b110

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Axis reserve is hands down the best for international spends. Fees is 50k + GST but you get 2x the regular points I.e. 24 edge rewards points per 200 Rs spent. Fx markup is 1.5%

Second best imo is magnus if you are able to spend 100k Rs per month to reach the milestone to receive 31k edge rewards points. Fx markup is 2%

Both have international lounge access via priority pass.

kkk

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Axis reserve is hands down the best for international spends. Fees is 50k + GST but you get 2x the regular points I.e. 24 edge rewards points per 200 Rs spent. Fx markup is 1.5%

Second best imo is magnus if you are able to spend 100k Rs per month to reach the milestone to receive 31k edge rewards points. Fx markup is 2%

Both have international lounge access via priority pass.
Axis reserve edgepoints for resserve card - 30 edge reward points per Rs. 200

I am going to tell you the most underrated hidden gem credit card for any kind of forex transaction
It is the

Club Vistara IndusInd Bank Explorer Credit Card​

This credit card has zero forex markup charges and some insane benefits
The list of benefits is very long so I am not mentioning everything here but read it via this link: https://www.airvistara.com/in/en/club-vistara/partners/co-brand-cards/indusInd-vistara-credit-card
In short this card will give u a reward rate of 1% on every forex transaction in form of cv points. and 3% on any travel spends
So, in my opinion it is a no brainer if you can't afford reserve which is an elephant card in terms of reward rate on international spends, no card is even close to reserve in my view. For average middle class spends overseas, this CV Indusind card will suffice.

churn

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

The value of HDFC cards can be increased if you activate the global value program. You get 1% cashback on your foreign spends. So your FTF decreases by 1%. The annual fee is just Rs 199.

Note: Easiest way to opt in is by sending an SMS. I do not remember the details but it was shared sometime back.

kkk

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
The value of HDFC cards can be increased if you activate the global value program. You get 1% cashback on your foreign spends. So your FTF decreases by 1%. The annual fee is just Rs 199.

Note: Easiest way to opt in is by sending an SMS. I do not remember the details but it was shared sometime back.
As joining benefit of Global value program you get 500 reward points as well.

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge

Is the 1% cashback unconditional without any cap ??

anirbanm

TF Select
VIP Lounge
RBL world safari - 0 forex

Parky

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge

If take an example of HDFC DCB, with ( -2% markup charges + 3.3 % of rewards rate +1 % extra reward) = 2.3% effective reward rate? Am I correct on this?

slongani

TF Select
If take an example of HDFC DCB, with ( -2% markup charges + 3.3 % of rewards rate +1 % extra reward) = 2.3% effective reward rate? Am I correct on this?
Correct. But DCB acceptability is an issue in many countries.

Also, Diners platform exchange rate is generally higher than Master/Visa. So you will save more on Infinia.

Nothing can beat Axis Reserve at the moment if your major spends are International.