• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Need review of my current portfolio

chitti

TF Buzz
Hello,

I am new to the TF community but I have been following it for the past couple of months . I have been using credit card from couple of years, however want to maximize the benefits based on my usage. Went through multiple threads and couldn't get concrete idea of how to build my portfolio.

My current portfolio
1. ICICI Rubyx (salary account with ICICI)
2. HDFC Tata Neu plus (using for utility bill payments)
3. Axis myzone
4. Axis kiwi (mostly using for UPI spends)
5. Indusind Legend
6. Idfc select card
7. SBI pulse card (only paid Card)
8. Axis LiC signature card

Except SBI pulse all are LTF cards.My gross salary is 1.5LPA per month.i will be using for bill payments, mobile recharge, LIC and term insurance payment(both 10k per month ), offline/online spends not exceeding 10k per month .

Is my current portfolio missing anything or anything which can be closed/upgraded , please suggest.

Swastik

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Consider AMEX, both MRCC and Plat Travel are great cards ,i really like my Plat Travel

Swastik

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Also if you want the climb the Credit Cards ladder with HDFC to get DCB/Infinia someday ,consider getting a Core(non cobranded) HDFC Card ,might be a challenging task but worth it fir long run

Vasuki

TF Pioneer
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Hello,

I am new to the TF community but I have been following it for the past couple of months . I have been using credit card from couple of years, however want to maximize the benefits based on my usage. Went through multiple threads and couldn't get concrete idea of how to build my portfolio.

My current portfolio
3. Axis myzone
5. Indusind Legend
6. Idfc select card

Except SBI pulse all are LTF cards.My gross salary is 1.5LPA per month.i will be using for bill payments, mobile recharge, LIC and term insurance payment(both 10k per month ), offline/online spends not exceeding 10k per month .

Is my current portfolio missing anything or anything which can be closed/upgraded , please suggest.
Also if you want the climb the Credit Cards ladder with HDFC to get DCB/Infinia someday ,consider getting a Core(non cobranded) HDFC Card ,might be a challenging task but worth it fir long run
Do what he said .
Close neu or request for millennia on same limit ( if more than 1 lakh )
Swap with millennia if more than 3 take regalia gold

Get amazon pay ( don't u have 60 second banner in Amazon app ) if not start application & contact X .they will refresh the application for you.

Idfc select is useless try for idfc wealth that's useless too but better useless.

You don't have travel or other spend so

Get amex mRcc card - buy 6 k amazon voucher - pay utility bills ..
Good value back
Read cool explanation by @coolguy1

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hello,

My current portfolio
3. Axis myzone
5. Indusind Legend
6. Idfc select card

try sbi cb.. lic signature card looks out of place, any reason why you have that card.. try getting neu infinity upgrade if u can.. your best card in the portfolio.. sbi pulse will give u fee waiver easily.. just call sbi every yr.. try for a core hdfc card

chitti

TF Buzz
try sbi cb.. lic signature card looks out of place, any reason why you have that card.. try getting neu infinity upgrade if u can.. your best card in the portfolio.. sbi pulse will give u fee waiver easily.. just call sbi every yr.. try for a core hdfc card
I took it especially to do the LIC payments as I don't have better cards at that time.

Hello,

My current portfolio
3. Axis myzone
5. Indusind Legend
6. Idfc select card

At your expenditure/month it would be better if you just stuck to 2-3 cards and spend money on them rather worrying full time about maximising rewards. It's not only easier to manage but the more time you are with a particular bank the better your relationship and ability to get better cards.
I am not sure how much your cibil is but 8 cards for 30k expenses that too with just couple of years of credit history doesn't seem ideal to me.

Last edited:

chitti

TF Buzz
For 30k spend month, 8 cards are not required...My personal opinion, keep 2 cards and close rest all.
Can you suggest any 2 from the above ,mainly needed for LIC/insurance payment of 10k per month??

Last edited:

chitti

TF Buzz
At your expenditure/month it would be better if you just stuck to 2-3 cards and spend money on them rather worrying full time about maximising rewards. It's not only easier to manage but the more time you are with a particular bank the better your relationship and ability to get better cards.
I am not sure how much your cibil is but 8 cards for 30k expenses that too with just couple of years of credit history doesn't seem ideal to me.
Sure,will close a few.
My cibil is around 780+ .
Can you suggest cards which I can hold, mainly needed for LIC/insurance payment of 10k per month??

Last edited:

nits123

TF Premier
Sure,will close a few.
Can you suggest cards which I can hold, mainly needed for LIC/insurance payment of 10k per month??
For LIC/Insurance only CB card will provide some benefit...If you are specifically looking for LTF card then go for Amazon Pay ICICI CC which is LTF and give 1% cash back on all non-amazon purchase inclusing insurance...Your HDFC Tata Neu plus also provide 1% cashback but whether insurance is included or not i am not sure as i dont have this card, you may check on this forum

Sure,will close a few.
I am not exactly sure about LIC. But you can keep the following cards:
  • HDFC Tata Neu and also get a main HDFC card (millennia or regalia) depending on your income and eligibility.
  • Get Amex MRCC - buy amazon vouchers and then make insurance payments using that on amazon pay [I am assuming LIC is available for payments on Amazon]
  • And you can keep 1 more card from your list which you find the most useful [I don't exactly know why you took each of those cards, so can't be very specific about which 1 to keep]

vijay.vj

TF Ace
Hello,

My current portfolio
3. Axis myzone
5. Indusind Legend
6. Idfc select card

Did you try to convert your only paid card to LTF? If you have decent spends & have been using it couple of years... check if you have any LTF offer on the card.

helloworld

TF Legend
Hello,

My current portfolio
3. Axis myzone
4. Axis kiwi (mostly using for UPI spends) // Use nue plus
5. Indusind Legend // unless you have select account
6. Idfc select card
7. SBI pulse card (only paid Card) //Switch to LTF or SimplyClick or better Cashback

Closed card marked with strike.

Cards needed:

ICICI Rubyx
Tata NuePlus can be converted to Nue Infinity as LTF

New cards needed:
SBI Cashback Paid or HDFC Millennia LTF

FOr 30k spends, these three are sufficient for your 10k bill payment, 10k online/offline and 10k whenever you spend extra.

DOn't over optimize unless you spend >5L spends in a year. Using multiple cards for small purchases (unless your solo aim is to get instant discount), do not expect much rewards for redemption, not sufficient.

// Dont' go for MRCC, not useful for these spends especially with other cards.
// Choose a bank where you want to improve relationship or get higher cards - focus your spends on that bank.
// My suggestion, stick with HDFC (since ICICI doesn't have better cards, but easy with your salary) and go on step by step.

// and most important, close those unused and not benefit cards even LTF. like I said the more your split your payment, the less your rewards (if your solo purpose 10% instant discounts keep it, but in that case you shouldn't ask question "maximize the benefits"

the_collector

TF Premier
Hello,

My current portfolio
3. Axis myzone
5. Indusind Legend
6. Idfc select card

Here's what I'd recommend:

1. If you're not too picky about your spends and the max return for each spend then,. Keep the cards you have and use it for the occasional offers. 1 icici card is great for bank discounts. Your hdfc and axis solve for the other 2 as well.

2. For LIC and insurance, you have 2 options. Either the Cashback route or points route.

If you choose the CB route , the most practical and realistic CB expectation is 5% via hdfc millenia or sbi CB.

The above also helps for for your mobile and bill payments via Amazon pay.

Alternatively, or the 2nd option you have is Amex route. Again, wouldn't recommend this given the spends you have , but can be a step into the world of points.

Search for threads around optimising spends on the MRCC and you should find plenty. Again using them to buy apay vouchers via gyftr and then paying for insurance.

3. For offline/online, this is a mixed bag and would solely depend on where you spend.
The easiest is sticking to hdfc via UPI. And for online, checking for the best suited bank discount with the card you have.

4. Lastly the ones you should close/upgrade.

Idfc select - try contacting customer care to upgrade to wealth. If they don't. Close this. If you want an idfc card in the future , Reapply atleast after 6 months from card closure and I'm positive you can get the wealth card.

Neu plus - while it's easy to say that this can be upgraded to neu infinity , it's not as simple. I'm stuck in the same boat. Your limit needs to be atleast 1L for them to even consider the neu infinity upgrade. So I'd recommend to focus your spends on the hdfc card.

Axis lic - close

Legend - we all know this card is the complete opposite of its name "Legend". Frankly, I am only holding it for the occasional indusind offers, if that's not important for you, close.

Axis my zone and kiwi - If you get the infinity , close the kiwi. Or I'd recommend shifting your UPI to the plus also. To increase your overall spends on the plus so that you can make a compelling case to them for an upgrade.

If you use swiggy occasionally or watch movies occasionally, keeping the my zone is no harm. Plus axis Bank , bank discounts.

For your monthly salary, you should easily get better cards. And I would strongly recommend you to not apply for any card you get now. , but build on the ones you have now and once you have a strong relationship with any one ( hdfc for example ) you can easily apply for other bank cards via C2C.

chitti

TF Buzz
Closed card marked with strike.

Cards needed:

ICICI Rubyx
Tata NuePlus can be converted to Nue Infinity as LTF

New cards needed:
SBI Cashback Paid or HDFC Millennia LTF

FOr 30k spends, these three are sufficient for your 10k bill payment, 10k online/offline and 10k whenever you spend extra.

DOn't over optimize unless you spend >5L spends in a year. Using multiple cards for small purchases (unless your solo aim is to get instant discount), do not expect much rewards for redemption, not sufficient.

// Dont' go for MRCC, not useful for these spends especially with other cards.
// Choose a bank where you want to improve relationship or get higher cards - focus your spends on that bank.
// My suggestion, stick with HDFC (since ICICI doesn't have better cards, but easy with your salary) and go on step by step.

// and most important, close those unused and not benefit cards even LTF. like I said the more your split your payment, the less your rewards (if your solo purpose 10% instant discounts keep it, but in that case you shouldn't ask question "maximize the benefits"
Thank you, this helps

MudraMantra

TF Buzz
Hi TF CC gurus, new member here. I'm not new to credit cards but I never cared about cashbacks or rewards before. But after coming across this forum, I realized how much I'm losing out.

After following Technofino and 2 other you-tube channels I added 8 cards in my folio in 2023.
  • SBI Simply Save - paid
  • HDFC Regalia First - LTF
  • HDFC UPI virtual card - LTF
  • Axis Flipkart - Paid
  • Axis myZone - LTF
  • AU XciteUltra - LTF
  • IndusInd Legend - LTF
  • IDFC First Select - LTF
  • ICICI - Platinum/ Amazon/ Coral/ Rubyx(all 3 variant) - LTF
  • SC Digismart - LTF
  • Kotak League - LTF
  • BOB Easy - LTF
  • CITI Rewards - LTF after annual 30K spend
  • HSBC platinum - LTF
  • Federal Celesta - LTF

HDFC Tata Neu Infinity - FYF - application in progress.

Now I want to optimize.

I hope you can make some suggestions on adding / deleting credit cards to/ from my list.
Please suggest which cards to remove from the above list and add some new ones (if required).