• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Need prepaid card suggestion

Guys, need a prepaid card for my cousin brother (less than 18yr old). He has very small expenses to pay for like chips, biscuits etc. I'm looking for a physical prepaid card which has both chip as well as tap functionality. (Also please share trick for loading prepaid card via CC to get rewards, it's okay if the amount can't be transferred back in to bank account - not interested in rotation) Also, getting the card should require no or minimum kyc.

I looked at some options but turns out they're available in very few cities. Any suggestions?

AritraSaha

TF Legend
Guys, need a prepaid card for my cousin brother (less than 18yr old). He has very small expenses to pay for like chips, biscuits etc. I'm looking for a physical prepaid card which has both chip as well as tap functionality. (Also please share trick for loading prepaid card via CC to get rewards, it's okay if the amount can't be transferred back in to bank account - not interested in rotation) Also, getting the card should require no or minimum kyc.

I looked at some options but turns out they're available in very few cities. Any suggestions?
I think bob allow upi under 18 with some limit..
Can check it..
Also there is lot of prepaid card app in play Store.. can check them also..

Fabmoney (previously peppermoney). only physical EMV/tap rupay card, no UPI. min KYC requirements are there and can only be activated on adhaar linked number. I activated in by name on my mobile and gave the card to my daughter (<18). Can be loaded free from UPI on the same device only. Can be loaded via DC but with charges. 1% cashback on all spends. Extra offers from time to time.

Slice. UPI & virtual card (physical EMV/tap rupay card at one time cost of 299+gst) min KYC required. but can be activated on any mobile number, no restriction for adhaar linked number. money can be loaded by UPI trfr from any app and any person. Can also be transferred through UPI scan to any app/any person. 1% cashback on physical card spends. No guaranteed offer on UPI spends but lottery options given. No other offers.

Both available PAN India

Slice. UPI & virtual card (physical EMV/tap rupay card at one time cost of 299+gst) min KYC required. but can be activated on any mobile number, no restriction for adhaar linked number. money can be loaded by UPI trfr from any app and any person. Can also be transferred through UPI scan to any app/any person. 1% cashback on physical card spends. No guaranteed offer on UPI spends but lottery options given. No other offers.
This seems perfect ๐Ÿ˜€
Can the app/wallet be used without linking any bank account and just loading via cards?
And what documents are needed for KYC? (Is PAN Card necessary?)

The only issue I found with Slice App is this. When once you add your bank accounts or CC details, they are PERMANENTLY there in the App.

We cant delete/modify the stored details.

In Mar/23, I closed 2 bank accounts and 3 CCs. I can't delete those details. I wrote to them, they too can't delete them (as of now). STRANGE.

Inexperience showing glaringly. Those chaps not willing to learn or even discuss. This is a sure shot sign for impending failure.

Okay, so I've finalized upon Slice and don't mind paying paying one time fees for card.
Also, I've read on the forum that Slice account acts as a UPI Wallet as well, so do they allow creating custom vpa?
Loading via DC is free, so do we get points on Millennia or other DCs? (What is the MCC basically?)

Astrella

TF Buzz
Try famapp, they charge for physical card, but has UPI functionality (can use for P2P). ICICI pockets also has UPI (P2P) and allows <18 users and rewards for loading and spending money. They can open in their name.

Try famapp, they charge for physical card, but has UPI functionality (can use for P2P).
Can you please answer some questions about this app:
1) Is it necessary to use aadhar linked number?
2) Do they allow creating custom vpa?
3) Reward rate of the prepaid card?
4) How's the Ui? (Haven't installed it yet but first impressions make it look like it's a bit too flashy)
ICICI pockets also has UPI (P2P) and allows <18 users and rewards for loading and spending money.
Does ICICI pockets provide physical prepaid card?

Astrella

TF Buzz
Can you please answer some questions about this app:
1) Is it necessary to use aadhar linked number?
2) Do they allow creating custom vpa?
3) Reward rate of the prepaid card?
4) How's the Ui? (Haven't installed it yet but first impressions make it look like it's a bit too flashy)

Does ICICI pockets provide physical prepaid card?
Yes, but its chargeable. Pockets app is slow and buggy af. I opened a fampay account for my sister and its far better.