• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Need help for HDFC CC

tuhin

TF Premier
Hi all, @TechnoFino

I am facing one difficulty with my credit card with HDFC Bank. Few days back I received mail like this:
1672318712287.png
Even I received call from HDFC Bank branch regarding LifeTimeFree CC offer. Now, I had applied that card after that. I didn't see any terms during application process for this card. Now after getting my card, I was in doubt, hence asked Cust Care team for charge confirmation. They were telling me that I had to spend atleast Rs 20000 within 90days or make a active SmartPay option to make it LifeTimeFree. It means, my card is not fully LifeTimeFree. It's attached with clause. Even, I escalated this matter too. They are also replying me the same.
In this context, I am asking your help. What should I do? Do I need to escalate this issue to Principal Nodal or RBI ? Have you ever faced similar situation ?
Seriously, I always blame Axis Bank for their harsh customer service. Now, I am experiencing HDFC Bank. Can't expect!!!

tuhin

TF Premier
Is spending 20k within 90 days a big amount for you? if not then spend it and get confirmation that your card has been made LTF.
Yes! This card, it's big for me. At least the present time. Moreover, they haven't been mentioned anywhere. If I am not sending this mail, I may not aware of such a clause. If they are advertising 'No Strings Attached' then how can they attach such a clause all of a sudden!!

tuhin

TF Premier
My branch representative confirmed me, it will be LTF. Now, they are telling this secret sauce. Why should I spend 20K on this bakwas card where I have already Axis FK & APAY CC. I have already escalated to PNO. Let's see.

Else, I shall escalate to RBI OMBUDSMAN with proof(mails).

akki7163

TF Select
My branch representative confirmed me, it will be LTF. Now, they are telling this secret sauce. Why should I spend 20K on this bakwas card where I have already Axis FK & APAY CC. I have already escalated to PNO. Let's see.

Spend 20k And make it lifetime free, i have also got a same offer that my card is ltf but when i received my card, there is a condition to make ltf.. So better use 20k and make it LTF ya close the card simple

If this card is bakwas for you, don't activate it. It will be closed after 30 days. Wait until you get offer for good card

tuhin

TF Premier
While applying the card, it shows if there is a condition for LTF/FYF or Unconditional LTF. Did you get anything like that ?
Did you speak with the branch ?
No, I am not happy with my branch hence I always avoid them. Moreover, one representative called me from my branch & he was telling some LTF offering.

Fyi, I got MoneyBack+ card

desaik231

TF Select
VIP Lounge
No, I am not happy with my branch hence I always avoid them. Moreover, one representative called me from my branch & he was telling some LTF offering.

Fyi, I got MoneyBack+ card
Do not make any txn for next 30 days card will get deactivated and before that retention team will beg you to use card where you can negotiate for lower amount.

apart from this read the entire mail if there is no star or tnc applied written which I highly doubt you can knock the RBI door for help and attach the mail as supporting doc

tuhin

TF Premier
Do not make any txn for next 30 days card will get deactivated and before that retention team will beg you to use card where you can negotiate for lower amount.

apart from this read the entire mail if there is no star or tnc applied written which I highly doubt you can knock the RBI door for help and attach the mail as supporting doc
I have one mail where no star no T&C:

1672338756378.png
Did you find any star or T&C applied string?? Pretty strange & cheap tactics

Collector_sahab

TF Premier
I have one mail where no star no T&C:

1672338756378.png
Did you find any star or T&C applied string?? Pretty strange & cheap tactics
HDFC clearly mentions if there is a fee waiver/LTF condition after you login with phone number and PAN and select the card.
If you get something like this, it is Unconditional LTF, else not.
1668006662712.png

akshayhs

TF Ace
LTF offers are clearly mentioned so as LTF on the application portal under card selection. That's what I saw when I applied.

They have halted giving LTF cards just like that for some time now. Only if you see the offer while applying then it's applicable to you. I took screenshots to be safe and also contacted customer care after applying to make sure i got it as offered/claimed .