• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Need help cleaning up my credit card portfolio

Deleted member 30446

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Axis:
I don't believe it's a wise decision to stick with Axis Ace after its devaluation. I intend to close Ace and maintain Airtel. (Both are paid)
Magnus is available for free with a Burgundy account, but I may close because I am planning for Infina.

SBI:
Since SBI Cashback doesn't apply to sales, I'll keep both SBI Cashback and SBI Simply Click since they are both LTF.

ICICI:
Coral is filling the gap as Amazon Pay doesn't give full discounts on sales, and considering closing Accelero. (All are LTFs)

HDFC:
Both Regalia and Tata Infinity are LTF; I frequently use Tata One for UPI transactions, and there are no plans to close Regalia due to Infina upgrades.
Don’t close Magnus. It is is still an amazing LTF card.

Reactions: H2O

sidp

TF Ace
1. Amex Gold
2. Amex MRCC
3. Indusind Legend (LTF)
4. Amazon ICICI (LTF)
5. AIRTEL Axis
6. Flipkart Axis
7. Axis Neo (LTF)
8. RBL Duet card (LTF)
9. YES Finbooster (LTF)
10. Onecard CC (LTF)
11. Eazydiner indusind platinum (LTF)
12. Swiggy HDFC
13. IDFC First select (LTF)
You have made 1 mistake. Sbi cc should be applied in initial stage of cc journey. So you need to close a few card then apply. Also if you have a lot of enquiry in Last 3-6m, sbi cc will be difficult. you need to pace yourself.

Cancel legend and 1 amex. Convert neo to rupay for upi.Don't cancel fk. If your cl>1.5L or 2L, which it should be, call phonebanking ask to upgrade it to atlas. This will save you a hard enquiry.

After some some cool in period 1st apply for sbi cb. Then dcb, if they dont agree ask them to reconsider at least for regalia gold. But it could be difficult as you have 1st hdfc cc as cobranded.

Once you get one sbi and hdfc core card, you can focus on other card. If one of your card cl>6-7L, You can close idfc select and apply for wealth c2c and put salary >3L.

After all this gets updated in cibil, apply for yes reserve/marquee. If you get Marquee, you won't miss sbi cb. For reserve you need to look at subscription plan and your spend pattern.

Then you can get a core icici card for offer whichever you get ltf. You'll easily get coral rupay and may even get rubyx ltf. Then you need a fuel card. Icici hdcl supersaver /axis iocl. Till then you should use park+ iocl coupons.

Last edited:

MudraMantra

TF Buzz
Hi TF CC gurus, new member here. I'm not new to credit cards but I never cared about cashbacks or rewards before. But after coming across this forum, I realized how much I'm losing out.

After following Technofino and 2 other you-tube channels I added 8 cards in my folio in 2023.
  • SBI Simply Save - paid
  • HDFC Regalia First - LTF
  • HDFC UPI virtual card - LTF
  • Axis Flipkart - Paid
  • Axis myZone - LTF
  • AU XciteUltra - LTF
  • IndusInd Legend - LTF
  • IDFC First Select - LTF
  • ICICI - Platinum/ Amazon/ Coral/ Rubyx(all 3 variant) - LTF
  • SC Digismart - LTF
  • Kotak League - LTF
  • BOB Easy - LTF
  • CITI Rewards - LTF after annual 30K spend
  • HSBC platinum - LTF
  • Federal Celesta - LTF

HDFC Tata Neu Infinity - FYF - application in progress.

Now I want to optimize.

I hope you can make some suggestions on adding / deleting credit cards to/ from my list.
Please suggest which cards to remove from the above list and add some new ones (if required).

sidp

TF Ace
Hi TF CC gurus, new member here. I'm not new to credit cards but I never cared about cashbacks or rewards before. But after coming across this forum, I realized how much I'm losing out.

After following Technofino and 2 other you-tube channels I added 8 cards in my folio in 2023.
  • SBI Simply Save - paid
  • Axis Flipkart - Paid
  • Axis myZone - LTF
  • AU XciteUltra - LTF
  • IndusInd Legend - LTF
  • SC Digismart - LTF
  • Kotak League - LTF
  • BOB Easy - LTF
  • HSBC platinum - LTF
  • Federal Celesta - LTF

Now I want to optimize.

I hope you can make some suggestions on adding / deleting credit cards to/ from my list.
Please suggest which cards to remove from the above list and add some new ones (if required).
Optimized cc pf is different for everyone. First you should share some details.
1. Update cc limit
2. Share approx net salary/itr ( if you are comfortable). This will allow users to suggest the best cc you are eligible.
3. Usage pattern- total spends, spends on different major categories, how do you want to redeem the rewards( cashback, gv, hotel/flight)
4- do you have good nrv(>20-30L) in a single bank? Where do you have salary/current account?

I am surprised to see so many posts by many who - for some reason or the other or even without any reason or logic - hold more than 15-20 CCs and ask opinion or suggestions from total strangers on which cards to retain or dump or acquire.

Before applying what made these guys to apply, what were the advantages of those cards and why within no time they are willing to dump them. Strange to see such an illogical behaviour.

Why no effort was made to see what benefits they get out of those cards, and will it match their spending patterns... And we see so many even not activating their cards.

Why such a strange way of choosing, applying, getting and then willing to dump many of them and acquiring many more.

I hope n recommend that this trend will come to an end soon.

Slayer

TF Legend
VIP Lounge

• SBI Simply Save - paid
  • Axis Flipkart - Paid
  • Axis myZone - LTF
  • AU XciteUltra - LTF
  • IndusInd Legend - LTF
  • SC Digismart - LTF
  • Kotak League - LTF
  • BOB Easy - LTF
  • HSBC platinum - LTF
  • Federal Celesta - LTF

Now I want to optimize.

Personally i think all youe LTF cards are bottom tier and trash

imdjay

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I am surprised to see so many posts by many who - for some reason or the other or even without any reason or logic - hold more than 15-20 CCs and ask opinion or suggestions from total strangers on which cards to retain or dump or acquire.

Before applying what made these guys to apply, what were the advantages of those cards and why within no time they are willing to dump them. Strange to see such an illogical behaviour.

Why no effort was made to see what benefits they get out of those cards, and will it match their spending patterns... And we see so many even not activating their cards.

Why such a strange way of choosing, applying, getting and then willing to dump many of them and acquiring many more.

Because they have some life remain with them. They will try, fail and then learn from them. Or learn from others' failure and success.

Because they have some life remain with them. They will try, fail and then learn from them. Or learn from others' failure and success.
First timers or new-to-CC - trying for n getting whatever-they-can-get is understandable. And, even suggested.

But, why those with 1 or 2 dozen CCs ?
By now, they know all the ins and outs of various cards - application processes, card features, benefits n drawbacks.....

sidp

TF Ace
I doubt it will ever end. It happens due to fear of missing out. There are so many offers going on front by different issuers. So many forums; people bragging about their collection; influencers peddling all cards for commission.
I guess Op was also influenced by all this & started applying every ltf card he could. 😆

Last edited:

Bot4u

TF Select
Axis:
I don't believe it's a wise decision to stick with Axis Ace after its devaluation. I intend to close Ace and maintain Airtel. (Both are paid)
Magnus is available for free with a Burgundy account, but I may close because I am planning for Infina.

SBI:
Since SBI Cashback doesn't apply to sales, I'll keep both SBI Cashback and SBI Simply Click since they are both LTF.

ICICI:
Coral is filling the gap as Amazon Pay doesn't give full discounts on sales, and considering closing Accelero. (All are LTFs)

HDFC:
Both Regalia and Tata Infinity are LTF; I frequently use Tata One for UPI transactions, and there are no plans to close Regalia due to Infina upgrades.
How did you get SBI cashback LTF ?

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Hi TF CC gurus, new member here. I'm not new to credit cards but I never cared about cashbacks or rewards before. But after coming across this forum, I realised how much I'm losing out.

Till now I ended up accepting any LTF credit card getting offered to me as I was using them to get credit card offers across various platforms. My idea was to spread and keep credit card utilisation to 30% for all credit cards.

In the end, I'm worried I have way too many credit cards as I keep getting rejected for cards I want ( HDFC Tata neu infinity, SBI cashback). I hope you can make some suggestions on adding / deleting credit cards to/ from my list. Here is my portfolio:

1. Amex Gold
2. Amex MRCC
3. Indusind Legend (LTF)
4. Amazon ICICI (LTF)
5. AIRTEL Axis
6. Flipkart Axis
7. Axis Neo (LTF)
8. RBL Duet card (LTF)
9. YES Finbooster (LTF)
10. Onecard CC (LTF)
12. Swiggy HDFC

I earn about 2L per month. My monthly spends used to be around 30k but they are now increasing as I'm travelling a lot and want to enjoy a while before settling down. I'm going to travel internationally so I can see my expenses ballooning to 1 L + per month.

Appreciate your suggestions. Thank you 😊
Since you are solely towards cashback & vouchers instead of airmiles based on your current CC portfolio
Below are the cards that should be removed or upgraded/downgraded

Legend replace with Tiger if you are getting LTF
Flipkart axis is a waste now , you can clear that
RBL duet card remove or may be get shoprite as LTF
Swiggy hdfc again a waste card rather get yourself regalia gold or Tata neu
Upgrade First select to wealth since your ITR should be able to get you wealth easily.

Also since you are into core cashback, you can get rid of the amex cards as Amex cards are worth only if you redeem them for miles otherwise the annual cost to voucher return is not that great.

Get yourself a sbi cashback and for international spends maybe get an Eterna/AU Ixigo/Scapia or IDFC Wealth.

Riya

TF Ace
Hi TF CC gurus, new member here. I'm not new to credit cards but I never cared about cashbacks or rewards before. But after coming across this forum, I realised how much I'm losing out.

Till now I ended up accepting any LTF credit card getting offered to me as I was using them to get credit card offers across various platforms. My idea was to spread and keep credit card utilisation to 30% for all credit cards.

In the end, I'm worried I have way too many credit cards as I keep getting rejected for cards I want ( HDFC Tata neu infinity, SBI cashback). I hope you can make some suggestions on adding / deleting credit cards to/ from my list. Here is my portfolio:

1. Amex Gold
2. Amex MRCC
3. Indusind Legend (LTF)
4. Amazon ICICI (LTF)
5. AIRTEL Axis
6. Flipkart Axis
7. Axis Neo (LTF)
8. RBL Duet card (LTF)
9. YES Finbooster (LTF)
10. Onecard CC (LTF)
12. Swiggy HDFC

I earn about 2L per month. My monthly spends used to be around 30k but they are now increasing as I'm travelling a lot and want to enjoy a while before settling down. I'm going to travel internationally so I can see my expenses ballooning to 1 L + per month.

Appreciate your suggestions. Thank you 😊
Transfer IndusInd Legend limit to Eazydiner and close the former one....
If you want quality portfolio then close:
flipkart Axis,
RBL Duet,
Yes Finbooster

Go for:
SBI Cashback
Upgrade Swiggy HDFC to HDFC Millenia atleast or Regalia Gold
Request for IDFC Select upgrade to Wealth

I suppose these many cards should suffice your expenses with decent rewards