• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Need advice regarding Amex MRCC card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

isatyajeet

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I have been waiting to apply for American Express for long. I need advice before I apply for the same. Currently I am just looking to get the MRCC card.
Before that, I must declare that I am a newbie in this game, and here's my portfolio:

1. Amazon Pay ICICI - LTF - 1year old - Limit 5.1Lacs
  2. IndusInd Legend - LTF - 3months old - Limit 75,000
  3. HDFC Business Regalia - LTF - 2months old- Limit 2.4Lacs
I am self-employed, but I am not willing to present ITR. Now I have read posts here and on twitter about this same point, but I am still looking for a way to get this. First of all, is there really any way I can still get the MRCC card? I know C2C doesn't happen with Amex right now. I am looking for alternate ways to get it. I read this on twitter that they do issue the card if you have a luxury car, which I don't have. I do have Toyota Innova Crysta. Also, I can show high bank balance, would that help? If this does work, how much do you think would be enough to get approval? Please share if there is any other way. Also, should I give it a shot and apply right now, or should I wait for referrals to start? - which is expected to start in November I read here - I mean if referrals would increase my chance of getting it, I would wait. Also, my total monthly bill collectively comes at around 1-1.5Lacs, if this info helps in this case.

I watched @TechnoFino videos and multiple twitter posts about American Express cards, I have understood the reward system very well, and I am positive I can utilise it to its fullest. Hence my quest to get the card :)

Thanks.

Last edited:

Dhruvit.S

TF Premier
TF Family
You will have to provide your ITR since you are self employed. They are very stringent with documents atleast they were before ban. I suggest you provide them ITR. Also reconsider about MRCC because it has high returns only when you do monthly Milestones. Anything above 20k it has low returns.

Try contacting customer care once, if they have some new way of issuing new customers post ban.

isatyajeet

TF Select
VIP Lounge
You will have to provide your ITR since you are self employed. They are very stringent with documents atleast they were before ban. I suggest you provide them ITR. Also reconsider about MRCC because it has high returns only when you do monthly Milestones. Anything above 20k it has low returns.

Try contacting customer care once, if they have some new way of issuing new customers post ban.
That is what I've been advised with most people. I am just trying to do it without presenting it. I saw a post here of someone getting it without presenting ITR, but that was SmartEarn I think. Someone on twitter said he got his first card MRCC without ITR.

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
It
That is what I've been advised with most people. I am just trying to do it without presenting it. I saw a post here of someone getting it without presenting ITR, but that was SmartEarn I think. Someone on twitter said he got his first card MRCC without ITR.
It all depends upon case to case maybe the person who got without ITR or payslips belong to the serviced corporate employee category.
Just give a try by applying bcos referral scheme not sure when Amex will open

isatyajeet

TF Select
VIP Lounge
It

It all depends upon case to case maybe the person who got without ITR or payslips belong to the serviced corporate employee category.
Just give a try by applying bcos referral scheme not sure when Amex will open
Yes, you are right, it could be that. So I finally applied today. I actually wanted Gold, but I guess without presenting ITR, that would be even harder. So I decided to go for MRCC for now. After filling form, I instantly got a message saying 'Your card is conditionally approved'. It asked for video KYC, which I did instantly.
But I guess I did something wrong. Because my location is not serviceable, I put on my friend's place in Bombay, but I did this with both residential and mailing address. Now at video KYC, they said it didn't match with my Aadhar card address. I tried explaining the situation, and said that I am self-employed, and that is my official address. They said they rescheduled a call with the KYC team tomorrow.

What should I do now? :\

aditya001

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Yes, you are right, it could be that. So I finally applied today. I actually wanted Gold, but I guess without presenting ITR, that would be even harder. So I decided to go for MRCC for now. After filling form, I instantly got a message saying 'Your card is conditionally approved'. It asked for video KYC, which I did instantly.
But I guess I did something wrong. Because my location is not serviceable, I put on my friend's place in Bombay, but I did this with both residential and mailing address. Now at video KYC, they said it didn't match with my Aadhar card address. I tried explaining the situation, and said that I am self-employed, and that is my official address. They said they rescheduled a call with the KYC team tomorrow.

What should I do now? :\
You have to provide a utility bill of that place in your name.. then only the will accept it, if your card is conditionally approved then if you successfully did your kyc, then you you will get that card.. i mean kyc is last step now.. i recommend you to update you aadhar address online through self service portal, its very easy and after that they will accept it. Don't do Vkc again before updating your address, You are luck that they have not rejected you. Just update your address and you are approved..

anirbanm

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I believe on car value above 20L, like Crysta, they should provide a card, I don't remember which one but there was some criteria like this for some Amex card

isatyajeet

TF Select
VIP Lounge
You have to provide a utility bill of that place in your name.. then only the will accept it, if your card is conditionally approved then if you successfully did your kyc, then you you will get that card.. i mean kyc is last step now.. i recommend you to update you aadhar address online through self service portal, its very easy and after that they will accept it. Don't do Vkc again before updating your address, You are luck that they have not rejected you. Just update your address and you are approved..
Oh okay! I am not living on a rental place. This is my aunt's place. I am not willing to change the address on Aadhar because this is only temporary stay. You said I have to provide a utility bill on my name, but all the bills, electricity, gas, internet is under her name. Is there a quick shortcut/workaround, like may be some service that I can start or anything, through which I can get a bill under my name? I have been thinking of a workaround.

aditya001

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Oh okay! I am not living on a rental place. This is my aunt's place. I am not willing to change the address on Aadhar because this is only temporary stay. You said I have to provide a utility bill on my name, but all the bills, electricity, gas, internet is under her name. Is there a quick shortcut/workaround, like may be some service that I can start or anything, through which I can get a bill under my name? I have been thinking of a workaround.
There are workaround for these things, i have not tried for amex but when i was applying for other bank card i had a issue and the agent himself told me to do certain things. He obviously wanted his commissions and don't care about me.. But i don't understand things well back then and did it, it worked as well.. But the thing is why take unnecessary risk like this if you can make things done legally.

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
For many due to aadhaar and current address mismatch they rejected straight away due to non serviceable area so try to match both to be in the service cover of Amex

Chaitanya-a

TF Prestige
What happened to your application? Mine is also conditionally approved but same problem of different current location.

isatyajeet

TF Select
VIP Lounge
What happened to your application? Mine is also conditionally approved but same problem of different current location.
I have started a new broadband connection under my name. I am waiting to get my first bill. On the basis of that, I'll change my address in Aadhaar, and then I will apply again afresh in January.

Status
Not open for further replies.