• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

My Journey to Getting Approved for the American Express Platinum Travel Credit Card

Juganta

TF Premier
After a rollercoaster ride, I'm thrilled to announce that my application for the American Express Platinum Travel Credit Card has been approved today! 🎉 Here's a short thread sharing my journey:

1/ Starting Point: I decided to apply for the Amex Platinum Travel Credit Card on 5th March with the help of @coolguy1

2/ Conditional Approval: Upon submitting my application, I received a conditional Credit approval message, indicating that I was pre-approved for a credit limit ranging from 3.6 lakhs to 4.1 lakhs.

3/ Unexpected Hurdle: After submission of application Amex asked for income docs, i provided Bank Statement, Pay Slip (90k salary). Then they asked for Form 16 or ITR, while i dont have form 16 but provided ITR with 5 Lac only, To my surprise, my application was denied shortly after the conditional approval, citing that my income did not meet their internal criteria.

4/ I reached out to American Express to provide updated income documentation, including my recent (ITR) 6.9 Lac, which reflected a higher income. I requested reconsideration of my application. (Rejected , and then i escalated to RBI BO)

5/ Today, I received the news I've been waiting for – my application has been approved! 🎊 After a series of discussions and providing additional documentation, American Express recognized my eligibility for the Platinum Travel Credit Card.

8/ Conclusion: Despite initial setbacks, I remained persistent and ultimately achieved success.
Thanks to TF Community
. WhatsApp Image 2024-05-07 at 7.50.37 PM.jpeg

drsel

TF Legend
After a rollercoaster ride, I'm thrilled to announce that my application for the American Express Platinum Travel Credit Card has been approved today! 🎉 Here's a short thread sharing my journey:

1/ Starting Point: I decided to apply for the Amex Platinum Travel Credit Card on 5th March with the help of @coolguy1

2/ Conditional Approval: Upon submitting my application, I received a conditional Credit approval message, indicating that I was pre-approved for a credit limit ranging from 3.6 lakhs to 4.1 lakhs.

3/ Unexpected Hurdle: After submission of application Amex asked for income docs, i provided Bank Statement, Pay Slip (90k salary). Then they asked for Form 16 or ITR, while i dont have form 16 but provided ITR with 5 Lac only, To my surprise, my application was denied shortly after the conditional approval, citing that my income did not meet their internal criteria.

4/ I reached out to American Express to provide updated income documentation, including my recent (ITR) 6.9 Lac, which reflected a higher income. I requested reconsideration of my application. (Rejected , and then i escalated to RBI BO)

5/ Today, I received the news I've been waiting for – my application has been approved! 🎊 After a series of discussions and providing additional documentation, American Express recognized my eligibility for the Platinum Travel Credit Card.

8/ Conclusion: Despite initial setbacks, I remained persistent and ultimately achieved success.
Thanks to TF Community
. WhatsApp Image 2024-05-07 at 7.50.37 PM.jpeg
How did you escalate to RBI banking ombudsman?

MrChauhan

TF Buzz
No email address
Click on https://cms.rbi.org.in/cms/indexpage.html#eng

New complaint
Thanks a lot for detailed article, faced same issue, same documents and same application rejection reason, it was MRCC lol, with help of @moneyMaker now I mailed them to review my application and submitted form 16, 16a, 16b (As it was march so I didn't have those at that time). Let's see if they accepts or not, otherwise I can follow the same right?