• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

My experience with RBI ombudsman and a certain private bank!

romilq

TF Ace
So I opened an account last October or November in a certain private bank. In March this year I got a pre-approved credit card offer by email. I clicked on the link and was given a option of 4 basic cards all LTF. I chose a debit cum credit card (You might have guessed the name of the bank now) since I just wanted a CC for bank offers as my main CC is of other bank. The application was instantly approved and virtual card was shared same day by email. In 1-2 days I got the card dispatched mail too.

One week passed and I didn't get the card. So I called customer care and they told me the debit card portion is not generated yet as my account was opened online and not eligible for this card. I asked them if my account is not eligible then why offer the card as LTF pre-approved but they had no answer. I escalated to nodal officer then PNO then MD/CEO but all gave same copy-paste answer that they need to cancel the generated card and I need to freshly apply if I want some other card. I asked to change the variant but that also they denied. All this after they themselves had offered the card pre-approved and CIBIL inquiry was done and new account was opened in CIBIL and I had started using virtual card. Now within a month of opening they were asking me to close card.

So after 2 months of escalating everywhere I wrote to RBI ombudman on 14th May 2023. On 17th May 2023 the bank called me and provided another card which is showing up in mobile and netbanking now. So if your case is genuine don't give up. Escalate everywhere and then finally complain to RBI.

So I opened an account last October or November in a certain private bank. In March this year I got a pre-approved credit card offer by email. I clicked on the link and was given a option of 4 basic cards all LTF. I chose a debit cum credit card (You might have guessed the name of the bank now) since I just wanted a CC for bank offers as my main CC is of other bank. The application was instantly approved and virtual card was shared same day by email. In 1-2 days I got the card dispatched mail too.

One week passed and I didn't get the card. So I called customer care and they told me the debit card portion is not generated yet as my account was opened online and not eligible for this card. I asked them if my account is not eligible then why offer the card as LTF pre-approved but they had no answer. I escalated to nodal officer then PNO then MD/CEO but all gave same copy-paste answer that they need to cancel the generated card and I need to freshly apply if I want some other card. I asked to change the variant but that also they denied. All this after they themselves had offered the card pre-approved and CIBIL inquiry was done and new account was opened in CIBIL and I had started using virtual card. Now within a month of opening they were asking me to close card.

So after 2 months of escalating everywhere I wrote to RBI ombudman on 14th May 2023. On 17th May 2023 the bank called me and provided another card which is showing up in mobile and netbanking now. So if your case is genuine don't give up. Escalate everywhere and then finally complain to RBI.
I would like to give complaint against Union rewardz but I am getting option to select bank only. How do I give complaint against debit card loyalty rewards system on RBI ombudsman page?