• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

mutual fund scheme with largest share of investment

Gabbar

TF Buzz
Index investing is popular in west. Where contries are developed and return of 4 % on government bond is more than expected while growing economy like India this return is 7 -8%.

Mogambo

TF Buzz
You do you!
I Will not be a nay-sayer. But I'll challenge you to bring me a good strategy and change my mind.

Also,
1683672858863.png
Yes Warren buffet invested in index funds. Secret of warren he uses all the means and opportunities his advantage.

Mogambo

TF Buzz
Only MF Portfolio
97.31% Icici Pru Technology Direct Growth
2.69% Hdfc Retirement Fund(By mistake i purchased)

I have a separate stocks portfolio.

Mogambo

TF Buzz
direct equity 30-40 lakh having huge loss of 17% due to nykaa
rest in mf portfolio size now above 3.5 cr
I think for normal person mf is far better than stocks.
I had awl at 350 average ....moved to 700 (didnt sell) now see result.
I have invested in small case also around 10 lakhs approx but again not huge profit here.
what is your age?

R!ppEr

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
RIP.
Same here though.
My worst underperforming fund. Switched to Quant Tax Plan recently (which seems to be the best ELSS). But anyway older funds are still stuck until the units complete 3 years.
same, but now quant also has taken a hit due to sudden surge in AUM and adani hit

jack333

TF Legend
Contributor
VIP Lounge
With ever increasing aum it becomes increasingly difficult to rebalance.
So you don't recommend small caps? Which are more safer and beneficial in a longer run out of flexi cap, mid cap and index funds?

krishc

TF Ace
So you don't recommend small caps? Which are more safer and beneficial in a longer run out of flexi cap, mid cap and index funds?
I don't think he is talking particularly about small cap
rather in general, for any MF that grows too big in terms of AUM, it becomes difficult for them to rebalance in short time

R!ppEr

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
if i have to rebalance a portfolio worth 1cr its easier to do in the market, whereas if i want to rebalance a 100cr portfolio, it will be difficult and will take days to get correct prices that i want. Now multiply this by a factor of 100 :D

also quant has been churning their funds the most out of any AMC in india, i think the last number i read was over 120 times(avg of all their funds) while the avg turnover for indian amc's is around 60-70 only!

again not saying we shouldn't invest in quant(i have a big chunk with them myself) but just saying their performance is about to plateau in the coming months/years since it has suddenly grown too big.

R!ppEr

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
for a full disclosure, i recently removed my funds from Kotak smallcap and invested in direct equity😅

jade

TF Premier
Canara Rob blue chip
Parag Parikh Flexi cap
Quant Active
PGIM Midcap
Tata small cap

Large cap funds with an allocation of 60%, and mid and small cap with an allocation of 40%

My latest MF portfolio:

Canara Robeco Bluechip Fund: 25% of SIP allocation
Parag Parikh Flexi Cap Fund: 40% of SIP allocation
PGIM Mid Cap opportunities Fund: 20% of SIP allocation.
Quant Small Cap Fund: 15% of SIP allocation.

All SIPs per month is Rs 1,00,000

Large cap allocation 65%, and mid & small cap allocation 35% of the total invested money.

My latest MF portfolio:

Canara Robeco Bluechip Fund: 25% of SIP allocation
Parag Parikh Flexi Cap Fund: 40% of SIP allocation
PGIM Mid Cap opportunities Fund: 20% of SIP allocation.
Quant Small Cap Fund: 15% of SIP allocation.

All SIPs per month is Rs 1,00,000

Large cap allocation 65%, and mid & small cap allocation 35% of the total invested money.
is this much investment in MF suggested? coz if something happens to market by any external means,all gone?